I like # 23. Whenever I get a chance, I try to attend a race just to cheer, even if I don’t know any of the runners. It’s motivating like nothing else. It’s how I got marathon-fever.
Came across, this wonderful list of 31 rules by which runners should live by for the year 2014.
- Call yourself a runner. If you run, you’re a runner. Don’t be afraid.
- Set a bigger goal than you ever thought possible. And figure out what you need to do to get there. Then do it.
- Change your shoes more often.
- Eat a little cleaner, and enjoy the added energy.
- After crossing the finish line of an upcoming race, stop to cheer on other runners and congratulate them on their accomplishments.
- Join a running group.
- Spend more time analyzing your training data. But don’t forget that sometimes you shouldn’t record the data at all. And just run :p
- Run more hills.
- Sign-up to volunteer at a trail race’s aid station.
- Take a few weeks off, and use that time to try out a new sport or activity.
- Do your strength training.
View original post 207 more words