This is my progress report on the Resolutions and Goals I set in my 14 in 2014 post.
- Run at least 4 times every week, minimum mileage of 12 miles per week. I blame my inability to accomplish this goal on January’s weather and my fear of reliving the sprained ankle incident in the snow of 2005. I tried to atone for the lack of road miles for running in place in the living room and doing strength training and aerobics indoors. Hopefully, February is less icy and I can work on making up my miles.
- Be more organized – get rid of some of the clutter in my life – physical and mental – to make room for something better (see post https://runwright.net/2013/12/31/give-so-you-can-get-something-better/) I parted company with some things that were cluttering my closet that were getting no outings and I gave them the potential for a new home. I worked on organizing my computer files and paper files but that is such a big job, a month’s worth of free time could not complete the task. I keep trying to keep my calendar updated. It’s an ongoing struggle.
- Stop procrastinating. This is such an ingrained habit, that it is difficult to break. No accomplishments to report. Quite the contrary, I missed a couple deadlines in January and had to scramble to catch up. Needs work!
- Maintain regular contact with my family members. I kept in texting contact with some cousins and wrote a hand-written letter to a favorite aunt and snail-mailed it to her. Sadly, I didn’t get to many others yet, but I’ll keep chipping away at this.
- Eat better. I cut my daily added-sugar intake to about 24 grams per day. It temporarily shocked my system but I kept at it. I had a minor setback at the Superbowl party but I will not be deterred. I am determined to win this fight.
- Utilize ALL my talents so I can develop others In January, I self-published my book “Growing Up Wright”, I maintained my blog and started submitting articles to online magazines. I began a Give it 100 project to practice French everyday for 100 days. See my videos here. When I started thinking like a writer and French speaker, it became easier to continue and that kept me going.
- Read more lasting things I read a lot of blogs and articles this month, not necessarily what I had in mind for “lasting things” but they did impact my perspective so I am happy.
None of my 7 Fitness Goals for 2014 have been met yet so I have a lot to look forward to this year.
The possibilities positively excite me!