Five Things Friday 7 25 14

I had a great workout week and I’m excited to share in the Five Things Friday link up on Fitting It All In blog
five-things-friday
And because this post focuses on goals achieved and targets being set for next week, I am also linking up with Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC
My five favorite things this week centered around fitness goals set months ago that are finally being realized
1. Running a 8:13 minute mile

20140725-075802-28682145.jpg
2. Riding my bike again – finally

20140725-080158-28918773.jpg
3. Incorporating music in my runs again, finally.

20140725-081230-29550237.jpg
4. A beautiful, tasty, vegetarian (vegan, even) plate

20140725-075705-28625037.jpg
5. All the activities I tried at the picnic, like shooting hoops on the basketball court and going halfway up this rock-climbing wall.

20140725-083616-30976935.jpg

Five things I am looking forward to for next week
1. Getting an even faster mile. Sub 8:00 mile? Maybe!
20140725-100017-36017027.jpg

2. Clipping in on the bike. Hello bike shoes! We’ve been separated too long.

Clip-in Giro Cycling Shoes
3. Getting back into music and arranging a new, current playlist for my runs

20140725-100614-36374987.jpg

4. The plans for our upcoming camp finally coming together. We’ve been planning for months and it’s now almost time to start assembling those pieces.
5. These squash flowers turning into vegetables that I can eat. Although I know I could eat these blossoms, I’ve got plans for the melons.

20140725-081541-29741989.jpg

Five random pictures

20140725-084048-31248039.jpg

20140725-084048-31248817.jpg

20140725-084222-31342845.jpg

20140725-084153-31313001.jpg

20140725-084151-31311802.jpg

Hope you have a great day where you Eat Right, Live Right, RUNWRIGHT!

1. Your veggie plate looks great ! And love the random pics … !

1. runwright says:

Thanks. I’ve created a few veggie plates since. I’m on a roll! πŸ™‚

2. Your veggie plate looks very tasty. Gotta love avocados. I hear ya on the new playlist. I recently just downloaded more songs to switch it up on my runs.

1. runwright says:

What are your favorite songs on the new playlist? Any recommendations for me? I am really out of touch πŸ™‚

3. Awesome bike, and I love the clipping in – it makes such a huge difference in my cycling!

1. runwright says:

Thanks. I do love my Cannondale. I got clip in pedals last year and I was terrified the first couple times. I still get a little nervous to clip in and ride in traffic but it makes all the difference in going up hills.

4. Martha B says:

Good rides, good runs, good food – great week πŸ™‚

1. runwright says:

It was a really good week and I doing everything I can to make this one even better. Thanks for stopping by the blog. Please consider following me here or on Bloglovin.

5. looking good on that rock wall! I’e only done that once but it was fun!

1. runwright says:

I will be doing this again when I’m better prepared for it. I wanna ring the bell at the top!

6. woohoo 8 minute mile! sub 8 is coming! i appreciate the difference clipping in when i’m at a spin studio but i’d be terrified to do it on a road bike!

1. runwright says:

It’s really not as easy as the experts make it look. It takes some getting used to but you can only get used to it by doing it. Catch 22. Also, when the cleats are new, the lock is stiffer, so it seems unfair that the newbies have it hardest just when they’re starting out. But it really does make the ride better, esp going uphill. Clip ins are a necessary evil πŸ™‚

2. runwright says:

I can’t wait for that sub-8. I believe it will come too. Much more hard work and persistence ahead.