Real Life Transformers

Last year at Universal Studios, I was mesmerized by Optimus Prime from the Transformers movies. As an adult, I know what’s real and what isn’t (sometimes) and I know the Transformer was really just a guy wearing a lot of metal and plastic, but something about the way he moved to look down at me, like a real robot, it required every ounce of courage to stand next to him without peeing my shorts. You probably can’t tell from the picture but he was tall and imposing and completely intimidating.

Transformers

Transformers have real physical transformations. They go from being a car/truck one minute to being a talking/fighting robot the next.

Transforming myself into a runner is physical for sure, but also required a whole lot of mental fortitude. I had to trade hitting the snooze button 3 times every morning,

snooze button

to racing out of bed to go running before it got too hot.

morning exercise

I went from buying unlimited Metrocards so I could take the subway/bus to go 10 blocks, to running 5 miles just for fun

5 mile run

and being excited to run/walk 8.5 miles in the snow.

Snow Runners

I went from wheezing and struggling through 12 minute miles to an 8:17 minute mile a few days ago.

20140729-112603-41163920.jpg

I see myself growing as a runner and I love it!

Transforming into a runner isn’t easy but it’s something that runners do every day. Because we’re real life transformers.

I’m linking this post to:

MCM Mamma Runs

Hope you have a great day celebrating your transformation from the person you were to the person you are today! If you’d like to share your transformation tales, please comment below.

Http:runwright.net

1. d20girl says:

Awesome pace, that is an amazing accomplishment! Thanks for linking up with us today!

1. runwright says:

Thanks. Now if I could only keep it up for marathon distance, but that’s another goal.

2. So awesome – isn’t it fun to look back at life before running?! Great progress and keep it up!

Amy @ http://livinglifetruth.blogspot.com/

1. runwright says:

Yes! That’s one more thing to love about the blog – it’s a growth chart too.

3. Sarah says:

Way to go girl! Great accomplishments!

1. runwright says:

Thanks so much, Sarah. I love your blog BTW.

4. I love love the Transformers analogy. I secretly have a crush on Optimist 🙂 Running transforms lives, minds, bodies and souls!

1. runwright says:

Lol @ your Optimus crush. I totally get it. Running does impact so much more than just my physical body. Something deeper happens when I run and I love it!