For WIAW, I am showcasing some of my best eats in the last week.
1. I made veggie meatballs for a 90th birthday party at church this weekend. I usually fry them but I tried baking them this time, because celebrating a 90th birthday seems like an opportunity to think about self preservation and remaining healthy for as long as possible. They looked a little dry while I was baking them but I made a sauce and put them to steep and they were so delicious, I didn’t even get to take pictures of the finished product.
2. Winter makes me think of eating nuts and grains. I love that Whole Foods sells these in bulk so I can always have a fresh supply.
3. These vegetable dumplings from Born Thai restaurant.
4. It must be the West Indian in me but I love fried sweet plantains, well done, almost burned. They make the perfect addition to any and every entree, provided that while you’re frying, you can stop snacking on them long enough to get them on a plate.
5. These Godiva chocolate truffles, leftover from the birthday.