Falling Man

A man falling from the sky? A man falling from the sky and landing on a woman’s car? It sounds like an urban myth, the unlikely answer to many a single woman’s dream.
But Landing Gear is the story of a foreigner who stows away on the landing gear of an airplane and falls out of the sky when the plane is preparing to land in London. Yet, unlikely as it seems that he can survive, it is he who must save the other characters who are all falling too.
An unlikely story, but also an irresistible one.
I recommend it.
IMG_4497.JPG

And hours later, I’m having a book hangover.

IMG_4513-0.PNG

I want to move on to my next read but I can’t get Landing Gear out of mind.
Kudos, Kate Pullinger. I guess that’s what to expect from someone whose name os 2 letters away from a word synonymous with great writing. Pullinger – Pullitzer

Http:runwright.net

1. Chatter says:

I was so hoping this was available on my libraries digital holding and a bit disappointed that it wasnt. Will have to look for it when I have time to read physical books again, but sounds good.

1. runwright says:

The hardcover was printed in May 2014 so digital copies might not have been released yet.

1. Chatter says:

The only time I find to read this day is on my long runs, which means audio books. I listen to a book a week and none of that is in the car. I have added it to my search list for later. Thanks for the recommendation.

2. Me says:

Thanks for the recommendation! Just finished Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin. It was dreadful 😦

1. runwright says:

That’s too bad. I don’t like to bash other writers but I don’t really connect with some of her books either. I think she wrote a book called “Love the one you’re with” that I bought at a discount store and felt confused about when I finished. I don’t like when that happens. What’s your genre of choice? These days, I am mostly reading fiction with female main characters in their 30s to 40s. But good story lines. I’m not going to read it just because it’s there.

1. Me says:

Yes, I don’t like to bash other writers either. But I really found that book dull and predictable. I’m obviously a bit of an oddity though as she has two movie adaptations!

I used to love, love, love fantasy. Especially with a sting female lead Katherine Kerr, Marion Zimmer Bradley and Trudi Canavan were favorites. Now… I don’t know. No fantasy has really grabbed me and I am gravitating towards easy to read chick lit! I want an absorbing story that keeps me guessing. I’m not too proud to admit I am into trashy novels and trashy TV 🙂

2. runwright says:

Nope. I’m not too proud to admit – I have watched some silly things on tv but I might be a little more selective with my reading. I guess I just care more about books. But also, I am always doing something else when I watch tv but I lose myself in books so I want to be sure It’s a place I don’t mind being lost in. haha