Someday It Will Pay Off

True confession: I don’t hate the gym anymore.
I’ve been going for a couple weeks now and I’m actually liking it. Or I like the way I feel when it’s over.
I have a workout buddy who’s awesome. On Sunday, I was almost an hour late and she just kept doing cardio while she waited for me.
Hard core!
It’s been hard getting up before dawn but it’s kinda getting easier. I say this reluctantly.
I met with a trainer and he gave me a schedule which I must say I don’t think I’m following.
But I do cardio everyday. And I vary my strength training so I’m working different muscle groups each time. Except abs. Must do some abs everyday. It’s tough some days. But these are the small steps I talked about yesterday. I’m just going to keep working at it everyday, and someday I’ll be stronger. Someday, my core will be stronger so my running stamina will improve. Someday, my legs will be toned so I’ll be able to run faster. Someday I hope to be able to do pull-ups. Someday, all the things I do today and tomorrow and tomorrow’s tomorrow will pay off. Someday!
And after I’m done with the workout, I can bound up the steps because I feel stronger. I feel like I have the energy of a few horses. If I was a car, I’d have horsepower rating.
So this was my frown when I got there this morning
IMG_7160.JPG
And 65 minutes and several exercises later, smiles.
IMG_7167.JPG
Not great photos, I know. But I’m writing this down so I’ll remember that even though sometimes the workout feels like torture, it does change my mood.
So that was my morning. Turns out a morning workout is my treat to myself. And now I’m ready for the rest of the day.

What’s keeping you going today? How are you treating yourself well today?

Please follow me on Bloglovin Instagram Twitter so we can stay in touch.

#Blogtober
Treat Yo’Self Thursday posts
Bella for Blogger Confessions
Amanda for Thinking Out Loud
Anne
Natalie for Thursday Confession

Http:runwright.net

1. Thank-you! This post helped.
    I am also a former gym hater, but am slooooooowly warming up to it.

1. runwright says:

That’s my story too. It helps to have someone to workout with

2. aduross5 says:

I need some inspiration to get to the gym…I have not been in years and I’m starting to feel awful. I need the exercise to make me feel better about myself. Thanks for linking up with me!

1. runwright says:

Thats ok. The gym doesn’t have the same appeal to everyone. Maybe you prefer running outside (my #1 choice but so unpredictable in the fall and winter months) or get a couple of kettlebells or resistance bands and workout at home. Do what’s right for you.

3. Deepti says:

I hated going to the gym at first, but I grew to love it. Unfortunately, when I left to travel for a couple of months, I never got around to getting a new membership. I need to get back on it. Good luck with all your goals! πŸ™‚

1. runwright says:

Thanks for commenting. Seems i have a lot of goals that I’m working on, right? I just want to make sure I don’t get so comfortable that I stop trying hard. Goal-setting is how I focus on new ambitions.

4. Kay Bueno says:

I feel you so much today.

I swear the hardest step I take in all my exercising, is the one that gets me out the door. My brain wants to convince me that I can just sleep, or relax instead of working out. So difficult.

1. runwright says:

That first step is hardest. Some days, i used to count it a success when i was able to just put on my running shoes and then walking around my apt. But when you finally get outside, you get a little burst of energy to take you through the workout. And its so worth it for how great you’ll feel when its over. Just take it step by step πŸ™‚ hope you have a great day