Accomplishments

The novel is officially underway. I’m loving the writing process. I came up with the idea for the novel a few weeks ago and started writing a chapter or so but for NaNoWriMo, I am writing all new stuff. So I might incorporate the previous chapter after i’ve written my requisite 50,000 words or it might go towards another book. I tell you, when I start working on a goal, I like to get in and get things done.

Yesterday morning when I woke up, I had only penned 35 words. You remember?

Yesterday's stats
Yesterday’s stats predicted I would finish in 2018

Well I took advantage of the extra time yesterday and I got up early enough to write today and I’m happy to have completed more than 5,000 words which means I am back on track to finish by November 30. I’m really excited. This is a book that I’ve been meaning to write for a long time and I hope it’s as great to read as it is to write.

Proof of progress. Note my new estimated date of completion
Proof of progress. Note my new estimated date to finish

So the NYC marathon happened yesterday. I laughed, I cried, I celebrated with all the runners who finished, I coveted the medals and the stories and and wished I had been running too. But there’s always next year for that.

So today’s let’s just celebrate all the people who ran and made their own running dreams coming true.

Here are some wonderful accomplishment stories from the weekend:

39-year-old Meb Keflezighi finishes fourth in the NYC marathon

Wallenda Tight-rope walker

Awesome tweets from the NYC Marathon

My goals this week:

1. Write everyday
  2. Get to 15,000 words
  3. Workout everyday
  4. Healthy eating
  5. Organize the recruiting event for the next year for my youth group
  6. Finish 2 handmade gifts
  7. Reach out to 3 friends who I haven’t spoken to in a long time.

What awesomeness do you have planned this week?

More Weekly Wishes and Weekly Goals here.

1. Maura says:

I love the accomplishment stories, thanks for posting them!

1. runwright says:

Thanks for reading and commenting. There are so many wonderful and inspiring things that happen everyday, sometimes we have to try to focus on them instead of on the negative.

2. Cole says:

Love your goals for this week! Reminds me that I should reach out to a few friends I haven’t talked to in a long time. Good luck on your goals and your writing!

1. runwright says:

Thanks so much, Cole. Sometimes I take for granted that I can come into and then disappear from people’s lives over and over. But it’s always such a joy to surprise someone and reconnect and be reminded of how much you care about each other. I hope you have that experience when you reach out too.
      All the best to you.

1. runwright says:

Thank you. Like everything else we set out to do, often the challenge is mostly mental so I appreciate every word of encouragement to keep me focused on this journey. Have a great day!

3. Thanks for linking up! Good luck with your goals this week! 🙂

1. runwright says:

Thanks so much. Same to you!

4. estherjulee says:

hopping over from weekly wishes. so you’re writing two novels right now? that’s amazing! 🙂 good luck on all your goals.

1. runwright says:

Thanks, Esther. Honestly, I write so much, I have a few books in various stages of completion but for this months project, I am trying to take one from start to finish. I need all the encouragement possible 🙂