I have a cold and it’s cold outside (and rainy today). That combo has me craving comfort foods:
- Mac and cheese
- Potato Salad
I’m building my meal planning this week around those comfort foods and changing up my meal schedule – I keep hearing about not eating a late, big dinner and now that I’m waking up earlier than I used to, I am having to adjust my eating schedule too. So this week, I am eliminating my afternoon snack and have an early dinner instead so I can start going to bed earlier.
I spent Sunday at home because I am trying to get over this cold and I took the opportunity to cook up a storm and get ready for the week ahead.
Because of the cold, some of last week’s goals got a little railroaded.
- Novel writing: I started at 15,400 and only got to about 23,000
- Exercise: I ran outside 2 times and racked up 3 gym visits
- Healthy eating: I didn’t quite follow my meal plan but I drank more water and tried snacking on nuts and seeds rather than sugary stuff.
- Gift-making: I failed to complete any gifts this week
- Entrepreneurship: The Etsy store launch is on hold because my energy level was so low most of last week.
- Communication: I thought about the friends, even if I didn’t actually do anything to contact them. It’s the thought that counts, right?
- Random Act of Kindness: I found myself being more generous to strangers.
Goals for this week.
- Get to 40,000 words in the novel
- Exercise everyday
- Healthy eating – getting my sugar consumption down to 24g or less per day and eating more lean protein
- Make 2 handmade gifts
- Launch the Etsy store.
- Reach out to 3 friends
- Do one Random Act of Kindness everyday
What foods are you craving? What are your goals this week?