Ever stopped mid-laugh to think how you would remember a joke? Ever stopped mid-smile to write about it in your journal? Nah, me neither. Which is why, I am taking the time to remember the week now that it’s almost over and before the memory has faded.
My Five Best Moments This Week
- 3 gym workouts this week. Much less than I wanted, much less than I planned, but much better than nothing. So I’m happy. Lots of cardio, minimal strength training but next week, I’ll be better.
- I’m reading Ostrich by Matt Greene. Seriously, one of the best books I have read in my adult life. I can’t explain. Just read it. Click here to buy a copy. You deserve to read this book. Laugh out loud funny and hand-on-heart cries, sometimes simultaneously.
- I made myself a holiday skirt. Blank canvas, awaiting embellishments but I’m so proud. And yes, it’s orange. Because as I’ve heard many times this year, Orange is the new black! 🙂
- Getting these pictures from home. That’s my dad, at home in Jamaica, with some of his goats, and in the background, the school bus that takes my one and only niece to school.
- Submitting the first set of novel excerpts to agents. Fingers crossed, this is the only ones I’ll need to send because one of these responses will be a resounding YES! I’m ready to be discovered!
5 Things I’m Looking Forward to This Weekend
- Teaching my Sabbath School class
- Meeting my new pastor
- A dinner for a woman who has been a mentor
- Working on a new short story from a dream I had this week
- Hopefully, warm weather on Sunday for a run along the Hudson.
What was the best part of your week? What are you most looking forward to this weekend?
Click these blogs for other Friday fav posts: