I still need to:
- buy all the gifts
- wrap all the gifts
- bake all the cookies
- visit all the people
- put up all the holiday decor
… or at least that’s what it feels like around here. But that’s not true. I’ve actually done a lot to prepare for Christmas already but sometimes it feels like it’s not enough. I felt like I was so early and on schedule. and then I realized that today is T minus 6 … only 6 days until Christmas
Time to double up my efforts… do some quick-time marching.
5 ways I’m keeping my sanity before Christmas:
- doing the soup detox… well, I cheated a little yesterday… but regardless, I’ve done well and last night, I made more soup.
- humming holiday tunes while I write or browse the internet – my favorite yesterday was … and the government shall be upon his shoulder….IMG_9229
- reading myself to sleep at night. Currently on my nightstand is Still Life with Bread Crumbs by Anna Quindlen.
- getting lots and lots of exercise. I’m trying to get up or stretch every 20 minutes or so and I’m walking everywhere I can. And going to the gym early or late, whenever I can fit it in.
- planning my future past Christmas… i.e. goals for 2015 and beyond.
What are your favorite five things this week? Favorite songs?
Click these blogs for other Friday fav posts: