T Minus Weekend

It’s officially T minus the weekend. So what did you do the weekend before Christmas?  The best part of my weekend was visiting the nursing home and sharing with the residents there. One old man told us that he came to the home a year ago with a tag on his toe and so everything that has happened to him since, he’s just so grateful for, even if he’s spending the holidays away from his family, he’s glad to be alive. Sometimes, we can get so caught up with the commercial Christmas stuff – gifts and cards and clothes – but Christmas is so much better when you make an effort to show love to others. Because you almost always get love back. We brought them gifts and they were so appreciative but the better gift was spending time with the residents and watching their response to our caroling. My group had no good singers (we were off key and loud) but the residents treated us like pop stars – they sang along, or they tapped their fingers or just smiled while we sang. It Was Awesome! But, don’t get me wrong, I still love all the commercial holiday stuff like … …. walking around the city Christmas tree shopping http://runwright.net …. adding pops of Christmas everywherepops of Christmas http://runwright.net … drooling over the Christmas cookies at StarbucksStarbucks Christmas cookies http://runwright.net … taking a Starbucks break in the middle of Christmas shopping to read a few pages of a novelResting from Christmas shopping http://runwright.net Starbucks always wants to rename me Erin. Always. Starbucks http://runwright.netI had some more delicious soup. Soup http://runwright.netAnd just like that, we’re 3 days away from Christmas. And my 5 goals this week are:

1. Eat lighter meals on the days leading up to Christmas – more soup
  2. Get all my gifts and cards completed, wrapped and delivered
  3. Make e-cards for my family and friends living overseas
  4. Write something everyday
  5. Enjoy the holidays as much as possible! All the food, all the family, all the FUN!

How is your Christmas experience going?

More weekend recap posts on B Loved Boston and Bella and The City. Weekly goal-setting on Weekly WishesWeekend Recap and Weekly Goals Weekends In The City http://runwright.net Please follow me on Bloglovin Instagram Twitter so we can stay in touch.

1. Julia says:

Aww, that is so awesome that you visited a nursing home! We used to do that in middle school and high school, we would sing and do ballet dances and just talk to them, they were always so sweet and appreciative!

We go every month but I think particularly at Christmas, the residents appreciate our visits and honestly, it makes ME feel so good too.

2. awww looks like you had a great weekend! 🙂 Starbucks is always a good idea!

Yes! And it was warm enough to have a cold drink instead of needing something hot. That was probably the best part!

3. Hello! I’m visiting from The Nectar Collective’s Weekly Wishes link-up. Looks like you had a great weekend! And now you made me crave some Starbucks 😉 haha. Merry early Christmas, and happy holidays!

Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully, you like my little blog enough to come again. Yes, Starbucks is a little like a yawn – hard to see it without craving it too.
      Merry Christmas and a very happy new year to you also.

4. Angela Wiebe says:

Oh my goodness eating lighter before Christmas is such a good plan! I wish I had thought of that!!
    That is so good of you to visit the Seniors home and sing to them! My Grandpa lives in one and he loves it when we come to visit and take him and his friends out for lunch.

Oh that makes me happy to think that we might have brightened the day of someones father, someones grandma. Thanks so much for that thought.

5. That’s so awesome that you visited the nursing home to sing for them!

Thanks. It really was my pleasure!