Three Men and A View

A sad but inspirational weekend, my Sunday morning experience centered on two men who had died and what people said about them. Watching the funeral for executed police officer, Wenjian Liu and I heard this quote:

“They say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.”

It’s a quote by Banksy but it moved me – we have a responsibility to keep alive the memory and preserve the legacy of the people who inspired us, those who we loved and who have now passed away. So yesterday I called the names of my grandparents – Albert Hutchinson Lloyd, Vera Lloyd, Keziah Wright and William Wright – because they are responsible for who I am and I’ll keep calling their names and talking about them so they are never forgotten.

Then I learned that Stuart Scott died. The end of an era! I watched the video they had prepared for his ESPY award and I cried, moved, because that’s a man who left a real legacy by his professionalism, but also in the way he handled his illness and how he lived his life.

Stuart Scott
Source: Google Images

But now that the weekend is over, time to do things toward building my own legacy. My goals this week:

1. Post my vision board (finally)
  2. Take a photo everyday – I haven’t been taking much
  3. Work on my challenges
  4. Finish a story idea
  5. Revise a book that I want to self-publish

What short-term goals are you working on this week?  And if your goal is to read more, know that you’re in good company. I heard that Facebook mogul Mark Zuckerburg’s  resolutions is to read a new book every two weeks. He’s chosen to read The End of Power first. Click the image on the left to purchase your copy of the book. The End of Power

And this is the picture I took when I finally left my apartment on Sunday afternoon, a gray, rainy, wintery day in New York City. Winter in New York City http://runwright.netI hope you have a great week ahead. Weekends In The City http://runwright.net

1. Ashley says:

Stuart Scott died? Man, we grew up with him! Sports Center was on in my house all the time!

Thanks for linking up today!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Yeah he died yesterday. It was very sad but he lived to inspire others so he accomplished that.

2. So important to remember those that have gone before us and made us who we are! I feel the same about my mom and dad, and hope to live in a way to make them proud!

Yes. It really is. As we work to build our own legacy, we have to preserve that which was entrusted to us also

3. Katie says:

Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and helping me find yours! What a quote and what truth!! I look forward to following you! I love books and have vowed to read more this year! Have a great week and good luck with your goals!!

Awesome. Thanks! Have a great week too

4. Go you for working towards revising your book! That’s an amazing goal!

It’s a little daunting but a necessary next step. Thanks for the support!

5. Pingback: RUN WRIGHT