On The Run

Notes from Week 1 Day 5 of  #MODRUN2015

Somehow, running in 27 degree weather feels colder than the 20 degrees yesterday. Well, honestly, it felt like that at the start of the run. But after the first mile or so, I could still use my hands, where yesterday, I couldn’t so maybe it’s warming up.

But it’s not warm enough yet to melt these ice-falls

Winter in NYC Morningside Park http://runwright.net

And even the squirrels aren’t afraid. Maybe this one knew I can’t outrun him in the cold.Winter run pics http://runwright.net

I ran just a shade over 3 miles today. Slowly, and I stopped in the park and did some exercises on the benches. But I’ve increased my distance every day this week so I want to keep going.Runkeeper http://runwright.netAnd then, I treated myself to a fantastic breakfast afterwards. I’ll do anything when there’s good food to look forward to and I was planning this meal the entire time I was outside 🙂

Vegan Breakfast http://runwright.net
Chocolate pancakes with sunflower seeds mixed in, chunky peanut butter on top, tofu sausage cooked with apple slices and cinnamon. YUM! And it’s vegan too!

How are you treating yourself today?

Shared with  Organized 31Between Naps on the PorchFrom My Front Porch to YoursAll Things With PurposeA Delightsome LifeBe.YOU.tifulPin it ThursdayThinking Out Loud ThursdaysLittle FridayStuff and ThingsThoughts for Thursday, Treat Yourself

Please follow me on Bloglovin Instagram Twitter so we can stay in touch.

1. Julia says:

WOW, I don’t think I could run in 20 degrees OR 27 degrees! I can barely run in our Florida “winter”, most of my winter workouts are inside!

I didn’t think I could either but I’m adapting. The runs are slow because my body just doesnt seem able to move fast and the breaths are more shallow but its still fun 😀

2. Joey says:

Ha yes I hear you on the ‘can’t feel my hands’ thing!! I ended up buying gloves for that very reason!

For some reason, I can’t find my gloves so that’s why I’ve been roughing it but if the temps are still this low next week, I see some new gloves in my future 🙂

3. Kay Bueno says:

I don’t mind cold runs as much as I mind dark ones, which is what has been keeping me in lately. Although I’ve been biking to work in the morning and I definitely have to pack on the layers.

Agreed. Safety first and always. Enjoy the biking.