Sometimes, I wonder if I should write my thoughts down or, afterwards, whether I should share them with the world. Writing is cathartic for me,but will it be interesting enough for someone else to read? Is it relevant? Should I, or shouldn’t I?
But then I post it and someone says to me that they loved it, or they say that it helped them think about their own situation, or that they thought they disagreed with an idea but now they understand it better.
Those moments are priceless. It’s validation and encouragement to keep on sharing my voice and my story.
These are 5 moments of validation that I treasured this week:
- A reader and fellow blogger said something I wrote made her okay with a decision she’s been struggling with.
- A fellow writer cited my blog post in her article about success
- Someone I admire on Twitter mentioned me as someone they admire.
- Someone I know in real life, who I didn’t think read my blog, told me that they read it everyday. Wowza!
- A comment from a new reader that found my blog through a link-up who said she couldn’t wait to read more.
I loved all that feedback!
- The age old question: where to store the tree after Christmas is over? On the front steps, of course.
- I love seeing vintage cars that’ve been restored, or cars that are just different. Are those what they call stonewall tires?
- I’m no good at reading graffiti but I can’t imagine what this guy must’ve thought when he saw his van the next morning.
- Dinner – homemade, healthy and delicious
What amazing things happened to you this week?
Shared with – Dedicated House, The Life of the Party, Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons, Link Party Palooza, Pin Junkie, Craft Frenzy Friday, Best of the Weekend, Party Junk, Pin Me Link Party,Fridays Unfolded, Junkin Joe, Weekend Re-Treat, Anything Goes, Oh My Heartsie Girl, Creative Collection, Friday Favorites, DIY Inspired, Foodie Friday, Venus Trapped In Mars, Lauren Elizabeth, The Diary of a Real Housewife, Mar on the Run, September Farm, Meet @ The Barre, XOXO Rebecca, Clare, April