Wednesday Is For…

Wednesday is for:
1. WIAW (What I Ate Wednesday)

2. Weekly Reads – what I’m reading

IMG_9935

3. Not-So-Wordless

Source: Twitter

4. Write or Die (hosted by Shellybecause it wouldn’t really be a blog post without me sharing a little of my thoughts.

Write or Die on http://runwright.net

The padlocks are a symbol for being closed, being guarded, being secretive. And seeing these locks, displayed together, but each one locked onto a fence, another symbol for separation and barriers, makes me think about how often our circumstances demand that we stand or sit next to each other, without really being together.

How we sit in cubicles or offices without sharing who we are with the person separated from us being nothing more than piece of covered wood and a few feet.

How we are forced to stand in close quarters on a crowded bus or train and we dare not make eye contact or even inspect any part of the neighbor’s face until the journey is over and finally, distance, and freedom.

How we share a home with someone we don’t really know and someone we would never give the combination to open the padlock that guards our secrets.

And although each padlock has its own link on the fence, its the same fence. And if we would only recognize that we are more similar than different, that even though your link is far from my link, that they are both links; that even though my padlock is smaller than yours, that they are both padlocks, and that none of us have the keys, might we be different?

How different if we saw ourselves as others see us?

What’s on your mind today?

Shared with: Bookishly Boisterous, Centerpiece WednesdayWow Us WednesdayBefore and After WednesdayBloom DesignsEmpty Your ArchiveCreative MusterProject ParadeInspired2Whimsy Wednesday,  Write or Die Wednesday, WIAW,  Wordless Wednesday

I’m open on Bloglovin, open on Instagram and downright hilarious on Twitter. Follow me and see.

1. Julia says:

I love your take on the locks, that’s really interesting! How true that we tend to keep people at arm’s length, it can be so hard to let someone in!

Thanks, Julia. It’s hard to open up but so rewarding when we make a new friend! 🙂

2. How are you liking The Book Thief? It’s one of my favorites!

It’s an awesome read. It’s written in my novel-writing style so that makes it even more appealing to me.

3. Oh, Karen! I love this interpretation of the prompt.

I’m one of those people that wish to connect with strangers. I always feel like you never know how much someone might need something as simple as a smile, or how a small conversation or compliment or word of encouragement might uplift their day.

It is so true that we are all attached to the same “fence”, but we kind of lock ourselves up on a single link.

Thanks, Karen. I’m definitely going to more conscious of my own unlocking 🙂

Thank you for the validation, Shelly. I love talking with strangers too although sometimes, I lock myself away from my friends and family. That’s something for me to work on too. See, we all have projects 🙂

4. You are so insightful, Karen! Have I told you that before? haha. It’s true, though, so I’ll keep saying it. Your words remind me also of couples or families eating dinner at restaurants and everyone has their face buried in their phone and nobody talks to each other. I think it’s hard to remember to connect and unlock for some people, but definitely something we need to keep striving for, you are so right!

The Book Thief was such a great book, I loved it! 🙂

Aww, Mia. Now you’ve gone and made me smile again 🙂 Thank you.
      I am really enjoying the Book Thief – the writing style is great.

5. What fun features, Thanks for sharing on Oh My Heartsie Girls WW this week!
    Thanks for linking up!!!
    Have a great week!
    Hugs
    Karren

Thank you, Karren. It’s always great to share and see what everyone else is sharing

6. Lysa says:

Thank you for linking up to the Oh My Heartsie Girls Wordless Wednesday Linky Party!

Wishing you a fabulous week!

Much love,