7 food quotes and how my recent meals confirmed them.
- We should look for someone to eat and drink with before looking for something to eat and drink… ~Epicurus This quote is probably why at our dinner party this weekend, we all look satisfied even though the food hadn’t even been ordered yet. Never underestimate the value that good company adds to a meal.
- Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie. ~Jim Davis In this instance, it was a beet-based red velvet cake. Ahhh, I love my veggies!
- Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity. ~Voltaire Sure I felt like I was starving when I went to Fuddruckers but eating this sandwich and fries combo was pure pleasure.
- Take time enough for your meals, and eat them in company whenever you can. There is no need for hurry in life—least of all when we are eating. ~Edward Everett Hale Why is it that an entire appetizer doesn’t satisfy as much as the same portion shared with friends?
- It would be nice if the Food and Drug Administration stopped issuing warnings about toxic substances and just gave me the names of one or two things still safe to eat. ~Robert Fuoss Rice and vegetables with a glass of water. Are they still considered okay?
- One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating. ~Luciano Pavarotti I was feeling a little weak, like I was missing some veggies and I knew what I had to do – kale and carrots with ginger soy sauce to the rescue.
- I don’t think America will have really made it until we have our own salad dressing. Until then we’re stuck behind the French, Italians, Russians and Caesarians. ~Pat McNelis This Panera salad is definitely the best salad that I’ve had in a while – nuts, dehydrated apple slices, cheese – but a dollop of American dressing sure would have made it better 🙂
Check out these other sites – Centerpiece Wednesday, Wow Us Wednesday, Before and After Wednesday, Bloom Designs, Empty Your Archive, Creative Muster, Project Parade, Inspired2, Whimsy Wednesday, WIAW, Wordless Wednesday