In real life, sometimes it’s challenging when people ask questions, specifically if we doubt their motives. When celebrities grant interviews, there is generally some preliminary agreement about what topics they will answer and what they won’t.
A few months ago, I watched Rosario Dawson being interviewed as she was promoting her latest movie. She was very explicit that she would only talk about the movie. When the journalist tried to change the subject and ask her to confirm the rumors that she had adopted a son, Rosario just stared into blank space and refused to answer. Worst interview ever!
There is a time and occasion for everything. Personally, I don’t mind the questions on some topics either although there are subjects that I just wouldn’t entertain conversation about.
When Julia from Grace Makes New blog nominated me for the Liebster Award, I jumped at the chance to answer her questions. I’m using it as practice for my TV interviews when I become famous too – since I probably won’t get to veto the topics at first, I am trying to get comfortable being asked random things?
1. What made you want to start a blog? I love to write and journal. I’ve had blogs for many years, long before I ever thought about sharing them publicly. But I realized that as much as I liked having an epiphany, I liked sharing my revelations with others almost as much. And the Runwright blog was born.
2. What do you mostly blog about? My ideas, the people and things that motivate me, food and fitness.
3. What are your goals for 2015? See my post here
4. Favorite flavor of ice cream? Butter pecan
5. What are three things you never leave the house without? ID, keys, cell-phone
6. Have you ever traveled outside of the US? If so, where? I moved to the US from Jamaica so that’s a reverse question for me. I’ve also been to Canada a couple times.
7. Do you have a “life quote”, something that perfectly articulates your view on life? “People’s lives are more complicated than you know” because I try to find out the reason behind people’s words or actions before I make judgments.
8. Do you have any siblings, or are you an only child? I have an older brother, Mark.
9. What is your regular order at Starbucks? Usually hot chocolate or decaf mocha. A few months ago, I wrote this ode to Starbucks:
10. What is the best vacation you have ever had? Two years ago, Universal Orlando. Awesome spot to visit.
11. What is your favorite place to shop? Macy’s, although Express used to be my go-to store.
And now Mr. DeMille, I am ready for my close up
In turn, I have to tag a few bloggers so I choose some of my Bloglovin friends