It would be a shame to get so caught up in all the things you’re not and forget to celebrate all the things you are!
You could use a relaxer to straighten your too-curly hair or you can get a perm to curl the hair that’s too straight.
You can use self-tanner to appear darker or apply bleaching cream to appear fair.
You can add some padding where you feel there isn’t enough, and you can take the cushioning from somewhere you wish there wasn’t.
You can lighten and darken and straighten and curl and laser and shape and plump and fill and remove and add and… There’s no end to the list of changes you can make these days.
I’m not against science and innovation. It’s part of who I am as an engineer (and I’ve changed a few things too) but sometimes, we should just relax, let things be and embrace who we are and how we are, instead of spending so much of our resources changing ourselves.
At the end of the day, YOU ARE YOU. And even if you are changing things about yourself, you are you right now. And, you have the unique opportunity to be the best YOU that you possible can!
As much as you might envy something that is part of someone else’s life, it’s not that you envy their life and wish it were yours, it’s that you think that your life would be better if it had more of their stuff in it, or you envy the happiness they seem to have with the stuff they have. Except, you can be happy with your own life!
You like your life! It’s yours! It’s the only one you have. It’s the only one you know. You love your life. Maybe you just don’t know it yet. But do you know how love starts? It starts with an attraction and a decision. So make those two steps today.
- Be attracted to your own life.
- And decide to do everything you can to show yourself worthy to yourself.
Maybe you need a little treat – some pampering or some words of encouragement.
Today, I’m going to treat myself to a feeling of well-being doing some of my fav things:
- Laundry day, which is definitely not a preferred activity but it means clean clothes and an opportunity to also do some closet cleaning and donate some things
- Dressing the body I have right now, which is fabulous right now, even if I am working on making it better!
- A walk in Central Park this afternoon to celebrate where I live and the beauty that exists around me and in me.
- Some warm deliciousness after the walk (I’m already salivating for some chocolatey goodness but I’ll probably treat myself to some tea instead because that’s better for me overall)
How are you enjoying the life you have right now?
What can you do to show yourself that you know you are worthy?
Shared with – Organized 31, Between Naps on the Porch, From My Front Porch to Yours, All Things With Purpose, A Delightsome Life, Be.YOU.tiful, Pin it Thursday, Thinking Out Loud, Treat Yo’Self Thursday