If I have it, at some point, I’ll eat it. If I don’t have it, I’ll crave it, I’ll wish I had it, but eventually the craving will pass.
If you’re like me, and you want to skip some of the things you used to eat that haven’t done well for you, then maybe you need to do a pantry purge.
I don’t like throwing food away but it’s better to throw it away than eat it just because you have it and then workout for months to try to burn it off.
Make your pantry purge part of your spring cleaning.
10 things you can purge from the pantry without regret:
- White sugar
- White table salt
- Packaged microwave instant oatmeal
- Boxed sugar cereal
- White bread
- Any drinks with high fructose corn syrup
- Spices that have been opened longer than 1 year
- Any foods that contain sodium nitrate or sodium nitrite ex. Processed Luncheon meats
- Any foods containing the following artificial food colorings: blue 1 and 2, green 3, red 3, yellow 6
10 Better-for-you alternatives
- Raw honey
- Himalayan sea salt
- Steel-cut rolled oats
- Raw nuts, seeds and dried fruit
- Coconut butter
- Whole grains
- Green teas
- Fresh herbs, natural spices
- Dried peas and beans
- Fresh fruits and vegetables