But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give, not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
The above text from 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 is the basis of my meditation today and I am trying to answer these questions for myself
- Am I reaping sparingly because I have been sowing sparingly?
- What level of generosity do I have in my heart?
- Do I give all I am able to?
- Do I give yet wish I didn’t have to?
- Do I give just because someone’s need is impossible to ignore?
Hard questions but necessary questions as I move forward – I don’t think I can move forward until I have the right (Wright) answers.
What about you? Care to ask yourself the same questions?