The best parts of the weekend
1. Being totally inspired at church – inspired enough to ask myself some tough questions
2. The 2 workouts I did on Sunday:
- 1 hour of swim class where I finally made it to the deep end, after which I clutched the wall for a good minute while I tried talking myself to swim back.
- 1 hour of spin class where I spent 5 minutes at almost full resistance that the leader said was to simulate climbing a steep hill. I couldn’t figure out why i would want to climb that steep hill on my bike in the first place when it would be so much easier to get off the bike and push it uphill. Aaah, exercise. Sometimes, it’s hard. But it’s always worth it.
3. Spending some quality time with the kids in my youth group. I haven’t been giving them my all lately and I just need to get that back on track and keep up the commitment I made to them 2 1/2 years ago.
4. Staying up almost all Saturday night to finish Jane Green’s Saving Grace. There’s something about being lost in a novel in the wee hours of the morning that’s totally calming.
5. Finding out I have an overnight camping trip in 2 weeks that I’m super-psyched about!
6. Expecting a package from my parents that is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Just knowing my goodies are almost here and I can barely sit still!
7. Chatting with a cousin on Friday evening, a cousin that I haven’t spoken to on the phone ever, and haven’t seen in over 20 years yet it was like talking to a long-lost sister. Family!
And the not-so-awesome parts of the weekend:
1. The hour or so I spent looking for clothes for church because it feels like nothing fit the way it’s supposed to. #SummerBodiesAreMadeInTheWinter and don’t you forget it!
2. That I didn’t write anything all weekend and couldn’t think of anything that i wanted to write either.
3. Missing a funeral that I had really planned to attend but couldn’t.
Goals for the week ahead
- Plan details for the upcoming camping trip
- Write everyday
- Finish 2 books to get back on track for Reading Challenge
- Work project that I need to finish ASAP
- Reach out to my youth group kids during the week to encourage them.
- Exercise everyday – my workout buddy comes back tomorrow and she’s good at pushing me!
- Take more pictures.
What was the best (or worst) part of your weekend?
What are your goals for the week ahead?Please follow me on Bloglovin, Instagram and Twitter. Shared with – Monday Funday, Monday Bloom, Inspiration Monday, In and Out of the Kitchen – Feeding Big, Met Monday – Between Naps on the Porch, Frugal Crafty Home, Make it Pretty Monday, TDC Before and After, Inspire Me Monday, Munching Mondays, Create-Link-Inspire, Made By You, B Loved Boston, Bella and The City, Weekly Wishes, Weekend Recap, Monday Madness, Manic Monday, Weekly Goals, Social Media Saturday, A to Z Challenge