Memorial Day Weekend Memories

Yesterday was Memorial Day here in the U.S. but it was also Labor Day in Jamaica. Since there was so much to celebrate, I used up all my energy and have to settle for making it a one sentence per picture weekend recap.

In anticipation of the summer, I wore a very casual outfit for church – not the usual suit and big hat but perfect for the warm-ish weather

Oriental salad for dinner at Applebee’s

Where does Snapple come up with these “Real Facts” ?

Prepping the lanterns for the next camping trip in a few days.

Memorial Day Barbecues a.k.a the ruination of a diet
You can’t get a group of Caribbean people together without somebody bringing out a pack of dominoes…
…or a ludo board.

Last week’s goals were:

• Write every day – I added approximately 7,000 words towards the book I’m working on.
  • Plan ahead and be more intentional with how I use my time – ongoing goal. I got a little better last week.
  • Be attentive to portion control – I was good until the weekend, at which, all bets were off.
  • Read 2 books – Completed. Reviews coming on Wednesday
  • Plan details for upcoming camping trip – the plans are in place, just need to execute them for the trip this weekend.
  • Follow workout plan. Epic fail. I ran 2 times, worked out at home, walked a lot but not enough. I’ll do better this week

Simple goals this week:

1. Camping trip – get there and back with my group safely.
  2. Prepare to teach some honors at camp
  3. Write every day, even if it’s just scribbling notes and ideas in my journal when I’m camping.
  4. Exercise everyday. Get into summer fitness mode

What was the best part of your weekend?

What are you most looking forward to this week?

Find me on Bloglovin, Instagram and Twitter

Shared with – Monday FundayMonday BloomInspiration MondayIn and Out of the Kitchen – Feeding BigMet Monday – Between Naps on the PorchFrugal Crafty HomeMake it Pretty MondayTDC Before and After, Inspire Me MondayMunching MondaysCreate-Link-InspireMade By You, B Loved BostonBella and The CityWeekly WishesWeekend RecapMonday Madness, Manic MondayWeekly GoalsSocial Media SaturdayRunning N ReadingInspire Me TuesdayPower of PaintReturn to LovelinessMaria Elenas DecorHit Me With Your Best ShotDucks N a RowShow Me What You GotStyle ElixirBeauty BuzzTickle My TastebudsThe ScoopThumbs Up TuesdayTop Ten Tuesday

1. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend! Busy, but sometimes those are the best!

My weekend highlight was running in the third anniversary of my family’s very first race. It was so wonderful to see how much we’ve grown and changed since the first time we toed a starting line.

A family race sounds awesome! That’s a great idea to build a tradition around outdoor fun and fitness. Love it!

2. I’m so curious about this Ludo board game. (I am going to have to google and learn more about it!) Best of luck on your goals this week!

Thanks. The game is popular in Jamaica but I don’t know many people outside of the Caribbean who play 😀
      Best with your goals too. I’ll visit your blog.

3. Julia says:

What a fun weekend! All that food looks delicious! I was totally off the diet this weekend too, it happens!

Yup. holidays should be legislated as diet-free zones. All the yummy food needs to be eaten. And of course I’ll be popping by to see what you were eating 😀

4. Meg Taylor says:

Can we just talk about how Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad is literally my favorite thing ever?? Yum, now I am going to be craving one all day! haha Add in all that barbecue? Yes, please!

I just popped over to your blog and looks like you had a fun weekend too. Yup. That salad is my fav thing on the 2 for $20 menu.
      We should follow each other so we can share our affinity for salads and long weekends.

5. Ashley says:

Such a fun weekend! Love your church look this week and glad you had time with friends and family! So exciting you are writing a book! Thanks for linking up today!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Thanks. It felt weird to be at church without my fancy suit but it was also fun to do something different. I did have a great weekend. I hope you did too. I’ll have to check out your recap for the details 😀