- Turns out I’m a cheap date after all. Last night I got home, I was exhausted but had decided to spend some quality alone time since I’m just coming back from spending time with lots of people and about to go spend time with even more people. I needed to be alone -a solo date – and enjoy it. I had the most invigorating shower with a Body scrub in my favorite scent – orange and ginger – followed by a foot massage with a body butter in the same scent. Dinner was simple – spiced tuna with sea weed and ginger ale. Cost for the “spa” experience, nothing – I already had the products. Cost for dinner: about $3.50. Total value: Priceless!
- I’m packing for a weekend camping trip and looking forward to taking my youth group kids to the “wilderness”
- I haven’t run all this week. Heat and humidity do not make good running partners. Meanwhile, my running gear is just lying around, posing for photographs and such.
- And a broken machine at home forced me to go to a NYC laundromat for the first time in about 6 years. Truth: there’s not much to miss here – except the company. I struck up a conversation with a woman wearing a Barack Obama t-shirt. Still supporting him after all these years. Good stuff! And this picture on the wall is a copy of one of my favorite pieces of art at the Met Museum. Hey old friend, fancy seeing you here!
- Yes, I have 39,500 unread emails in my inbox. If there’s a message from you in that number, now you understand why I haven’t replied yet. I’ll get to it. Promise!
- I am seriously bummed that I’m missing Book Expo this weekend. I’d planned to go schmoozing with some authors and such but… Maybe next time. If you can, please go, support some writers. Let them know you love their work. It does a person good to hear that their work is valued.
- I’m work on the categories for a book challenge for the summer months – June to August. Details coming soon. Are you in? Find me on Bloglovin, Instagram and Twitter.
What’s happening in your neck of the woods?
Shared with – Organized 31, Between Naps on the Porch, From My Front Porch to Yours, All Things With Purpose, A Delightsome Life, Be.YOU.tiful, Pin it Thursday, Thinking Out Loud, Treat Yo’Self Thursday