This was a really strange week for me. I started the week at camp, in the middle of nature then found myself in the heart of the busiest city in the U.S. just a few hours later. Overall, these are the top 5 moments that defined my week.
- Seeing my youth group kids do a great job at camp, especially on Sunday morning, set me up to be hopeful and inspired and motivated for the rest of the week
- Getting caught in a rain storm of monstrous proportions on Sunday evening really scared me. No comparison but I couldn’t help thinking about those people who got lost in the flood in Texas just last week.
- Reading this quote in the book “This Book Will Save Your Life”, really brought me to a thoughtful, then sad place.
- A surprise phone call from my mom on Monday afternoon…The way my mom ALWAYS knows when I am on the brink of sadness and calls me… How does she do that? Thanks, Mom! For knowing me better than I realize.
- Seeing all the different fruits on the side of the street reminded me of the smorgasbord of possibilities that is summer. No reason to not eat well in this season.
What moments defined the week for you? Were they good ones or bad?