Five tips that have helped me get through the Sugar Detox thus far:
- Replace sugary drinks and soda with water. Add fruit chunks for flavor if necessary.
- Have a plan for snacks – bananas, apples, nuts.
- Plan ahead to prevent making hunger-motivated decisions – have items on hand so you can make delicious salads and sugar-free meals at a moment’s notice
- Distract myself when I feel like grabbing some candy – make a phone call, do some exercise, drink some water, write down what I’m feeling.
- Think about why I am doing this in the first place. Read one of the articles that remind me how destructive sugar-laden diet can be.
3 days down. I wasn’t sure this was going to be possible but it’s not feeling as restrictive as I know it can be. Must stay focused!