10 Day Sugar Detox Day 4 and 5

It’s hard to resist the sugary drinks and cakes and cookies that are plied on me on the weekend. As a matter of fact, I accidentally drank some juice before I realized I wasn’t supposed to drink it. It was only a few sips so I figure I’m okay.

I was at dinner after a funeral and one of the cousins got up to get some punch and brought me back a cup. My reflexes kicked in and I put the glass to my mouth without thinking. When the sweet… Oh, SO sweet hit my tongue, I realized and I put it back on the table and left it alone. I felt a little weird declining cake, yup creamy looking pound cake, but I felt strong saying no. Funny how that happens.
I’m already feeling the effects – some good, some not so much.

The skirt I wore yesterday felt a little looser than it did before. That’s the good.

Sugar withdrawal is a real thing and sometimes it manifests itself in other ways so it feels like my body is recalibrating. Feels like I’m getting a summer cold but it could also be my body ridding itself of some of the stuff. That’s the not so good.

I didn’t take a lot of pictures this weekend but this was my outfit for church.

And this was how I looked just 24 hours later at the end of my Sunday morning run

What I’m looking forward to this week:

1. I’ll be finishing the 10 day detox on Friday but I’m planning to carry it on for 21 days.
  2. Free summer movies in the park start this week. I plan to spend 2 evenings this week on a lawn somewhere, surrounded by trees, enjoying the freshest air available in New York City.
  3. I’m working on a new writing project. I’ve made an outline and am approaching it intelligently (or so I tell myself). Hoping to finish 15,000 words this week.
  4. Planning swimming lessons with my youth group kids on the weekend.
  5. Last week, I for 2 good runs in. Planning 3 runs this week, including a 5 mile long run. Doesn’t sound like much but it’s a start and it’s time to start building up my running capabilities again.
  6. Resuming my running club on Sunday mornings. I have a few new people who want to join so it’s time to take this thing to the streets one more time.

What’s on your agenda this week? Did you meet your goals last week?

Find me on Bloglovin, Instagram and Twitter
Shared with – Monday FundayMonday BloomInspiration MondayIn and Out of the Kitchen – Feeding BigMet Monday – Between Naps on the PorchFrugal Crafty HomeMake it Pretty MondayTDC Before and After, Inspire Me MondayMunching MondaysCreate-Link-InspireMade By You, B Loved BostonBella and The CityMonday Madness, Manic MondayWeekly GoalsSocial Media SaturdayRunning N Reading

1. sfarnell says:

You’ve more will power than me – sweet things, cake. I have resisted in the past, for about 30 seconds 😀

Haha. So it’s weird because what you’re describing is generally me too – but I think I’m finally on a roll so it’s getting easier to resist. Hallelujah! Because I couldn’t deal if it was hard all the way through.

1. sfarnell says:

Last time I was on a health regime like this was about 11 years ago, it does get easier the further you go with it. It was weird though, one day despite my best efforts, I had to have chocolate and that was it, I gave it up.

Ah, one minor setback does not the end of a plan make. Just gotta keep going. Thanks for the encouragement!

3. sfarnell says:

Yeah, keep going Master Yoda 😛

4. sfarnell says:

Don’t give up like I did…

2. I always do go back to sugar, but I try to be mindful of it. Sometimes it does get away from me. This weekend my long run is also 5 miles – longest I’ve run since my 2 halfs in May!

And that’s ok. My next half isn’t until oct. A few shorter races here & there. Slow & steady really does win the race!

Agreed!! On both points. I’ve done the sugar detox before and gone right back to where I was before… And worse. But maybe it makes me more aware of what I’m doing sbd hopefully this time, I’ll cultivate some better habits… And keep them.
      Enjoy your runs!

1. I did do it pretty whole hog once . . . even gave up chocolate! I definitely think it’s worthwhile.

Good for you! Chocolate is the hardest to give up, isn’t it?

3. Julia says:

Sounds like you are doing awesome with your sugar detox! Way to go!

Thanks, Julia. Some days are harder than others but I’m trying my best.