It’s hard to resist the sugary drinks and cakes and cookies that are plied on me on the weekend. As a matter of fact, I accidentally drank some juice before I realized I wasn’t supposed to drink it. It was only a few sips so I figure I’m okay.
I was at dinner after a funeral and one of the cousins got up to get some punch and brought me back a cup. My reflexes kicked in and I put the glass to my mouth without thinking. When the sweet… Oh, SO sweet hit my tongue, I realized and I put it back on the table and left it alone. I felt a little weird declining cake, yup creamy looking pound cake, but I felt strong saying no. Funny how that happens.
I’m already feeling the effects – some good, some not so much.
The skirt I wore yesterday felt a little looser than it did before. That’s the good.
Sugar withdrawal is a real thing and sometimes it manifests itself in other ways so it feels like my body is recalibrating. Feels like I’m getting a summer cold but it could also be my body ridding itself of some of the stuff. That’s the not so good.
And this was how I looked just 24 hours later at the end of my Sunday morning run
- I’ll be finishing the 10 day detox on Friday but I’m planning to carry it on for 21 days.
- Free summer movies in the park start this week. I plan to spend 2 evenings this week on a lawn somewhere, surrounded by trees, enjoying the freshest air available in New York City.
- I’m working on a new writing project. I’ve made an outline and am approaching it intelligently (or so I tell myself). Hoping to finish 15,000 words this week.
- Planning swimming lessons with my youth group kids on the weekend.
- Last week, I for 2 good runs in. Planning 3 runs this week, including a 5 mile long run. Doesn’t sound like much but it’s a start and it’s time to start building up my running capabilities again.
- Resuming my running club on Sunday mornings. I have a few new people who want to join so it’s time to take this thing to the streets one more time.
What’s on your agenda this week? Did you meet your goals last week?
Find me on Bloglovin, Instagram and Twitter.
Shared with – Monday Funday, Monday Bloom, Inspiration Monday, In and Out of the Kitchen – Feeding Big, Met Monday – Between Naps on the Porch, Frugal Crafty Home, Make it Pretty Monday, TDC Before and After, Inspire Me Monday, Munching Mondays, Create-Link-Inspire, Made By You, B Loved Boston, Bella and The City, Monday Madness, Manic Monday, Weekly Goals, Social Media Saturday, Running N Reading