5 Sugar Detox Surprises

It’s officially Day 10 and these are the 5 best (and surprising) things about the sugar detox:

1. All the salads. All the options. All the health benefits.
  2. Cutting down on the processed sugar-laden foods gives this lighter, healthier feeling in your tummy. That’s quite an addictive feeling.
  3. Knowing your drink options are water, water, or more water sure simplifies things.    No more sticking your head in the fridge for several minutes asking yourself what you feel like drinking.
  4. Going without added sugar is cheaper. It can be surprising how much money a sugar junkie can spend on candy, chocolate and sugary snacks.
  5. It might be the reduction in sugar, the fact that your water intake is up or a combination of the two but after a while, your skin starts to glow in a way it didn’t before.

It’s enough to bolster me to keep going for another couple of weeks at least. Stay tuned for the sugar detox day 10 and beyond.

What was the best thing about your week?

Find me on Bloglovin, Instagram and Twitter.

Thanks so much for the reblog!

Liked by 2 people

1. You’re welcome. Keep up the good work!

1. God I need to stop sugar!! Sweden is the first country in the world for candy consumption per-capita :O

Is it really? I honestly thought the U.S. had that category cornered! I don’t think I’ve given up sugar entirely but it’s nice to take a little step away and create some new, healthier habits.

1. Well i read it some years ago, but I think it’s still true 🙂 the candy shops are huuuuge!

2. That’s great that you were able to do a sugar detox…I don’t think I’d make it through! I could see there being great benefits for doing a sugar detox every so often.

Thanks. It wasn’t as hard this time as it’s been before which is why I want to keep the momentum going.

3. It’s amazing what cutting sugar out of your diet will do to your body! Great job and keep it up! 🙂 If I crave something sweet, an apple usually does the trick. 🙂

Thanks!! Agreed! Apples are my go-to snacks to carry around in my purse. Can’t do the sugar detox without having good fruit handy

4. jillconyers says:

Hi Karen, it’s so nice to meet you. Cutting out or reducing sugar intake is an awesome decision. Most people are amazed by how much better they feel. What detox are you following?

This was just a no-added-sugar program. I started because of a segment on NBC Today Show. But I found as the days went by, I started eating more and more fresh produce instead of a lot of starchy foods, even though the plan didn’t restrict that.

5. Great, great post! A hard pill to swallow for me, but true. Thanks for writing this.

Thanks so much for reading. Now to carry these lessons forward into regular life.

6. Reblogged this on From Trex To Tigress and commented: