Summer Plans

Every summer, I make a list of things I want to do/places to visit/activities to try. My birthday is around Labor Day weekend, the unofficial end of summer.

On my list for the period June 21st – Sept 7th this year:

1. Run 100 miles
  2. Bike 200 miles (this goal will probably extend to Sept 13, so it can include my miles from the New York Century bike ride)
  3. Outdoor movies in 3 different parks – Central Park; Brooklyn Bridge Park; Bryant Park (check)
  4. 3 Hikes
  5. 2 Camping trips – Camp Aquehonga; Croton Point (check)
  6. Bike around Governor’s Island
  7. Run to the Little Red Lighthouse
  8. Shakespeare in the park
  9. Concerts in Central Park
  10. Concert at NBC Today Show
  11. Learn a new swimming technique
  12. Trip to Hershey Park
  13. Trip to Dorney Park
  14. Roller blade
  15. Learn to play tennis – 1st lesson done

What is on your schedule for the summer?

Follow my adventures on Bloglovin, Instagram and Twitter

Shared with – B Loved BostonBella and The CityMonday Madness, Manic MondayWeekly GoalsRunning N Reading

1. NYC is such a perfect place to be in the summer. So much to do! I love your summer goals.

Thanks. I love how many free activities there are in the city and I’ve already started checking off items on the list.

2. Great list! We do a summer list, but it’s more for our 7 year old than us LOL! We plan to go to the zoo, go to the pool, maybe the beach (but there are so many sharks right now), go to Legoland, do a karate tournament, run, that kind of thing.

Have a great summer!

Thanks for the comment, Jennifer. Definitely be careful with the beach. I’m so scared by the shark stories on the news. I am just sticking with the pool with summer.

3. Darcy says:

You have great things on your list! I hope you accomplish them all!!

4. Ashley says:

I grew up really close to Dorney Park! I took tennis lessons and loved it! Hope you are having a good time with it.

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle

5. nikki skies says:

Wow! I need to make me a list too! Thanks for the inspiration!

I love lists. It’s good for me to visualize what I want to accomplish each summer. Otherwise, I might spend every afternoon sitting in the park with a book. That’s good too but I like to mix it up. Please share your list. I’d love to see what you’re planning.