Last week, I had such high hopes for myself. No regrets, but somehow the time just seemed to get away from me without doing what I said I had planned and now I need to change the focus to see what I need to do better.
- Write 15,000 words. Result: I don’t think I finished 5,000. I just couldn’t get going but today, I’m blaming it on the computer.
- Start planning the next camping trip. This upcoming one is a big camporee for the kids in a few weeks and will require planning meals, transportation, registering for activities, packing tons of equipment, ensuring the kids and their parents know what to be prepared for. Result: I talked to the kids and a lot of them don’t want to go. I think they’re having too much fun doing everything else this summer, the last thing they want to do now is put a paise on their routine and head for the woods. Priorities. I am still planning to go but my group will be smaller so less aspects of plan.
- Exercise everyday even though it’s 93 degrees today and hot and humid most of the week. If I can get a few swim sessions in, and walk a minimum of 5 miles everyday, I’ll be happy. Result: My feet were swollen all week. Probably from over exertion last week. The first couple days, I could barely walk and definitely couldn’t run. So rest, not exercise, became the order of the day.
The weekend was short and fun. Friday evening, I was at the YMCA hanging with my friends, getting some walking in, being ball girl for the tennis match. Lots of sprinting for end balls – I was tired when I was done.
It was great to get back to church on Sabbath. A friend I grew up with, from my home in Jamaica, was here. He’s actually my cousins’ cousin even though we are not related and he is visiting our mutual family.
Sunday morning started with a short run.
Now I suppose it’s time to get back to real life. This week, I am refocusing my energy and getting back to where I need to be, doing the things I need to do – focus on my diet, my exercise, my accomplishments. (There’s no other way to get ahead, really!)
My goals this week:
- Run outside everyday, even though the forecast is for rain. Run everyday, even if it’s just a mile, even if I get rain-soaked.
- Get a bike ride in.
- Focus on low calorie nutrient-dense meals
- Declutter and donate some clothes that no longer bring me joy for one reason or another. Part of my ongoing recycling exercise.
- Write 20,000 words this week. I have no choice. I have to. Average 3K words every day. And no, blogging doesn’t count towards my word count. Sadly, text messages don’t either, unless I can copy those text messages into my characters’ experiences in the novel. Well, we’ll see.
- Perform at least one random act of kindness every day. That should be easy. And fun!
So I have my assignments and I’m ready to hit the ground running. Motivation Monday and all that. What are you working on this week?Monday Funday, Monday Bloom, Inspiration Monday, In and Out of the Kitchen – Feeding Big, Met Monday – Between Naps on the Porch, Frugal Crafty Home, Make it Pretty Monday, TDC Before and After, Inspire Me Monday, Munching Mondays, Create-Link-Inspire, Made By You, B Loved Boston, Bella and The City, Monday Madness, More Pieces of Me, Weekly Goals, Social Media Saturday, Running N Reading