Healthy Food Haul

Sometimes you just need to get some healthy food in your fridge.

I’m not perfect. I don’t just buy vegetables and fruits. But it really helps to have them around so I can make good decisions sometimes.

check out this Instagram post from yesterday

(P.S. Are you following me on Instagram? Why not? Clearly, I need some more followers and some more likes for my photos. Come on, click the link and just follow me already!)

A healthy-food shopping trip for me has mostly healthy food and a couple treats so I can indulge every now and then. The key is balance. If everything is a treat, it ceases to be an indulgence and becomes a practice instead. If there are no treats, then it feels regimented and the tendency is to cheat on the diet.

Does everyone else does this mostly healthy with a few treats thrown in?

How are you treating yourself today?

Find me on Bloglovin, Instagram and Twitter

Shared with Organized 31Between Naps on the PorchFrom My Front Porch to YoursAll Things With PurposeA Delightsome LifeBe.YOU.tifulPin it ThursdayThinking Out Loud, Treat Yo’Self Thursday

1. Well, as I’ve already eaten a mini Twix and several Rolos to go with my morning Coke, I think I’m a long way from the healthy eating…

I got you, Sarah. When I was in college, there were many days I had potato chips and Pepsi for breakfast. I am just trying to do a little better now. It’s a process.

1. I do eat good suppers – now if I could only just bring myself to pack a healthy lunch to work, things would improve greatly!

2. I spy watermelon! I’ve been loving those suckers this summer, since we’ve been having an especially hot one. And I feel like I’m always balancing out my treats with healthier eats. Going too far into either camp just leaves me feeling cranky. Need the best of both worlds 😀

Totally agreed, Amanda. Balance is best.
      I love watermelon. It’s grown on a large scale in my hometown in Jamaica so it’s been a favorite of mine all my life.

3. Julia says:

Totally agree about balance! I am trying to learn how to do everything in moderation these days!

4. I love your philosophy and live by your philosophy. Many moons ago I was an extreme dieter. No treats whatsoever. This led to binging on treats from extreme deprivation. I labeled foods “good” and “bad.” These days I do the 80-20 rule. 80% being healthy of course!
    I exercise a lot so I can enjoy a glass of wine from time to time.

I like that 80-20 rule. I am also reading the 3-1-2-1 diet book by Dolvett Quince which supports that idea of varying the amount of calories and type of foods you eat every week, so your metabolism stays high. I’ll post about it when I’m done but I like the idea.

5. Kay R. says:

haha love the play on “wright” Go you for doing so well!

Thanks for noticing my pun, Kay.