Breakfast Reimagined

It might be radical but breakfast doesn’t have to be fried anything or contain pastries or even be in a bowl with milk poured over it. Today, I tried this instead: Poached egg, tomato chunks, blanched broccoli and carrot strips with a little olive oil drizzled on top for flavor.

Bonus: No turkey bacon or donuts in sight.

1. I looove the idea of veggies for breakfast πŸ˜€

It was sooo good and hours later, I’m still feeling energized

2. I try to add more vegetables to my breakfast too. It’s great fitting in extra nutrients first thing in the morning.

So true. If I was counting vegetable servings, I’d be able to relax after this breakfast.

3. I remember seeing a lot more veggies for breakfast when I was overseas than I ever do here – definitely seems like a good idea!

4. Shaunacey says:

actually looks pretty delicious!!

5. Kay R. says:

I mean I would have loved this over the donut that I devoured for breakfast this morning. Sigh

Haha. Sometimes, a donut is appropriate though… Like on a tough Monday morning πŸ˜€

6. It’s sure better to each carrots and broccoli for breakfast than greasy bacon!

Yes it is, Amber. And if I fill up on the veggies in the morning, it feels easier to eat healthy for the rest of the day.