Tales of Wednesday Past

On the Internet, there are countless Wednesday Workout accomplishment posts. Yesterday, mine was a 5K evening run. I’m now 25% of the way toward reaching my August mileage goal.

I would be happy with getting to 25 percent except August is almost halfway gone so I’m going to have to amp up that mileage to make this goal.

I didn’t start off certain that I could run 3 miles but when I see this guy on the street, I start running and don’t stop for a long while. (He’s a trainer at a gym I used to attend)

When I stopped for the run selfie…

… I saw these beautiful homes. Who knew there were charming little houses like this being built in Harlem? Talk about curb appeal!

I saw this sign in one of the neighborhood parks. I’m not sure what the Uptown Challenge is but it made me want to find out.

After the run, I tried some post-run stretches from the book Meb for Mortals

And because I always get great feedback on my food posts, here’s “What I Ate Wednesday”:

Breakfast
was simple and rushed – a slice of bread with peanut butter and a couple apple slices.

Late Lunch: poached egg over roasted potato son kale, poached chicken and fruits on the side

Dinner to refuel after the run: Stir fried squash, mushroom, spinach, carrot, chick peas and whole wheat pasta and sliced beets.

Dessert: The sweetest Strawberries of the season

I was supposed to be camping today. I should’ve been waking up this morning in he woods. But check out this tweet that describes how I feel about that whole situation.  And if you’re not following me on Twitter yet, please do that now!

How was your Wednesday? What’s on for today?

Find me on Bloglovin, Instagram and Twitter

Shared with – Organized 31Between Naps on the PorchFrom My Front Porch to YoursAll Things With PurposeA Delightsome LifeBe.YOU.tifulPin it ThursdayThinking Out Loud, Treat Yo’Self ThursdayThursday ThoughtsStuff and Things

1. Kay R. says:

Your food always looks delicious. Im laughing at you starting to run because you see your trainer. So me!

Thanks, Kay. The funny part is he wasn’t even my trainer but he definitely has an effect on people when he’s around.

2. Darlene says:

Love your food pics. You’re making me hungry. You run like I do. I stop and take pics and look at everyone else. When I see someone I know, I start running faster. LOL

Haha. Maybe other people do it too – run fast when they see us. So that sprint that we see them doing might’ve been a slow jog all along 😀

3. Julia says:

Haha I love that you started running faster when you saw the trainer! When I’m running in my neighborhood and another person is coming up the sidewalk I always kick it up a notch, and if I have stopped to walk it makes me start running again! 😀

4. JoElizabeth says:

I’m so impressed with your meals! I swear when I run outside, I run faster because people can see me haha

Yup, competitiveness and the desire to show what you’ve got… All healthy running motivation, I think 😀