5 FREE End-of-Summer things you can do in NYC this weekend:
- In New York, Labor Day is somehow synonymous with the West Indian Parade that happens on Brooklyn’s Eastern Parkway. There’s masquerading, costumes, music, dancing, Caribbean spicy food and lots of cultural pride on display. They estimate that there are over two million people who attend every year.
- Labor Day also means the last weekend of the free pools. The one in Central Park is not the biggest in the city but it doesn’t mean it’s not the most fun. There’s also a pop-up pool in Brooklyn Bridge Park which I think is awesome. I haven’t made it there all summer so this weekend, it’s on my list.
- Washington Square Park (on West 4th Street) is transformed into a giant Art Exhibit two weekends per year – Labor Day weekend is one (Memorial Day is the other).
- Learn how to ride a unicycle at the annual NYC Unicycle Festival. It happens at various locations across the city. Details here
- Metropolitan Opera is screening Aida on Monday in the Lincoln Center Plaza.
I plan to indulge in at least 3 of these this weekend. I’ll tell you which ones make the cut next time.
5 pictures from my week that will make you wish you lived in NYC (or be very happy you don’t):
Yes, that’s a weave
You have to be specific about what you need
Bonus selfie because it’s my birthday today and I’m celebrating all weekend.
Dedicated House, The Life of the Party, Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons, Link Party Palooza, Pin Junkie, Best of the Weekend, Party Junk, Pin Me Link Party, Junkin Joe, Weekend Re-Treat, Anything Goes, Oh My Heartsie Girl, Creative Collection, Foodie Friday,Diary of a Real Housewife, Mar on the Run, September Farm, Meet @ The Barre, XOXO Rebecca, Clare, April, Fitness Friday, Food & Fitness Friday