I deleted more than 7,000 emails yesterday. For the first time in months, my inbox is under 40,000 and I am motivated to keep going. That’s the things about momentum – once you get into a rhythm, it gets easier. Click to read when I found out that exercise gets easier too.
I have a lot of goals this week, and they have to do with more lasting things than just getting my inbox to under 20K (although that is one of them)
Yesterday morning, really early, I went to one of my fav places and started planning out my week. It’s interesting what can be accomplished with a warm beverage in hand and a blank page in front of you.
Yesterday, I was telling one of the young people I am mentoring that she needs to have a notebook to write her thoughts in. We have note-taking abilities on our smartphone devices but the act of handwriting, I think, makes for a deeper connection and elicits more creativity. Do you agree?
Some of the items on my To-Do list:
- Go back to the gym – 3 times this week
- Complete week 1 of a 3 week fitness challenge (details later)
- Run 3 times
- Get an editor for my recently-completed manuscript
- Work out details for a self-published book
- Keep writing – I have a short story outline that I want to flesh out and finish this week.
- Order supplies for a program next weekend
- Reach out to at least one old friend/relative everyday. I have a big family so this is an ongoing process. I started in January and I still haven’t reached everyone.(*sweating)
- Contact 2 potential Avon customers everyday. Visit my website here
- Tutor/coach 2 of my high school students
- Have Bible studies with 2 people (I don’t always mention it specifically on the blog but being a better, more faithful Christ-ian is my top, ongoing goal)
- Get my email inbox to less than 20,000 mails. Right now it’s like this:
- Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
- Today is your day to start fresh, eat right, train hard, live healthy and be proud.
What’s the most important item on your calendar this week? How are you staying focused?
Find me on Bloglovin, Instagram and Twitter.