Have you read any good books lately? If you could, what would you recommend to me?
This summer, I decided to participate in 3 different reading challenges (Don’t ask me why). The Literary Ladies Summer Reading Challenge was the second of two that I finished.
These are the categories and the books I used to complete them:
- A YA book – To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han 4 stars
- Non US Author – What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty (Australian) 423 pages 4/5 stars completed 6/30/15
- A book that was recommended by a blogger Paper Towns by John Green 305 pages 4.5/5 stars
- A book that has been on your TBR list for a year or more The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini 4.5 stars 371 pages
- A book with a kickass female character I Take You by Eliza Kennedy 2.5 stars 305 pages
- A book that is or will be a movie (or TV show) Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave 260 pages 4/5 stars
- A book written by a comedian or celebrity/ or even a memoir I Suck At Girls by Justin Halpern
- A book with a one word title. Spinster by Kate Bolick
- A suspenseful book – a mystery, a thriller, a book about revenge! The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency (Book 1) by Alexander MacCall Smith 4.5/5 stars
- A book about Summer, with Summer in the title, or in any way related to Summer because this is a Summer challenge! The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han 276 pages 3/5 stars
(Clicking the links for the book titles will bring you to my Amazon page so you can read these books yourselves – because a rating of 4 stars or higher means I think you’d enjoy it too)
I did a lot of reading this summer and I’m looking forward to the Fall Reading Challenges for even more inspiration on books to choose. Right now, I’m reading Two Across, a debut novel about two kids who meet as Spelling Bee challengers and go on to develop a relationship with crossword puzzles and each other.
What are you reading these days?