5 reasons I’m sad to see summer go:
- As summer goes, it brings all the outdoor activities with it.
- Bye bye to summer usually means bye to ice cream cones and frozen yoghurt too.
- It’s really easy to get dressed in the summer – what with shorts and tank tops and sandals being appropriate for almost everything.
- Early sunrise means being able to go running at 6:00 a.m. in safe daylight hours
- It’s hard to say goodbye to long days where I could start my evening walk at 7:00, yet knowing I could get my 10K steps in before sunset.
5 reasons I’m happy that fall is here (Yes, I’ve been told I can be quite a contradiction)
- Not sweating bullets every time I climb the stairs or walk more than 10 step or do anything more strenuous than breathing. Seriously, in the summer, I often wonder if I’m going to get dehydrated from all the sweat. I just love when the temperatures start to dip a little.
- It’s not quite cool enough for coats yet. Instead, it’s finally blazer weather. And I have lots of blazers that are just itching in my closet for just this time of year. See, summer is generally too warm to wear blazers outdoors, winter, early spring and late fall, I can’t wear a blazer under my coat so I end up wearing sweaters and coats instead. But this time of year, the temperatures are just perfect for a cool shirt and a blazer. My favorite look, adopted, of course, from my mom, who wears blazers even in warm temperatures in Jamaica. I love that lady!
- I have this new Banana Republic coat, bought out of season. And I’m not saying I’m rushing the cold weather but I can’t wait for it to be just cool enough to put on.
- Warm beverages – warm apple cider at Starbucks, mugs of hot cocoa with marshmallows, hot tea instead of iced tea. What’s better than that? Alrhou
- Shorter days mean longer nights – long nights curled up on the couch with a blanket and a great novel or 10 episodes of Gilmore Girls… again. I’ve watched this series multiple times yet the banter never gets old and the weather just seems to call for it.
Five favorite things I’m loving this week:
- My new Avon purse. Seriously, and not just because I’m an Avon rep (click to check out my store), but I only buy purses that fit my laptop and all the stuff I have to walk around with and this fits it all perfectly, without encouraging me to carry too much. Perfect!
- This new fragrance from Fergie. It’s not on the website yet but I have some stock available to sell. I got the samples yesterday morning, I put on the lotion and a spritz of perfume around 11:15 a.m. and at 9:00 p.m., I got a compliment on how good it smelled. Wowza. $25 intro price for the combo. Contact me if you’re interested. Seriously, treat yourself to something affordable but luxurious.
- This journal. You know how I feel about anything that’s ‘Wright’ or ‘Right’but ‘Write’ is just so Perfect! After all, I’m a writer so I believe this book was made just for me. And then, there’s the way the journal skin feels. I honestly can’t explain. It’s a soft leather bound that makes me think about petting an animal (except I don’t really let animals). Seriously, just touching this journal might be as therapeutic as writing your thoughts down. Similar journal here
- This book I’m reviewing for the Blogging for Books website. There are some truly beautiful photos inside. (Review coming later) And it’s causing me to itch for a professional camera… again.
- Candles. Specifically, autumn candles or Apple-cinnamon scented candles. If you can’t have a freshly baked apple pie in the oven at all times, this may be the next best thing.
What’s on your mind today? What’s your favorite thing this week?
Shared on Tip Tuesday