A 5F Weekend

The 5Fs are: Fellowship, Food, Friends, Family, Fun. This weekend had all  5Fs (and its Columbus Day today so the weekend isn’t even over yet)

Friday evenings, I usually spend time reading the Bible, preparing for Bible study at church on Sabbath, and going on YouTube for videos of sermons. I also found some cool worship-oriented, inspirational quotes on Pinterest, like this one.

This past Friday, I got so engrossed in watching one of my favorite pastors, I didn’t realize it was so late until I looked at the clock and it was 3:00 am and I hadn’t started sleeping yet. I panicked because I had to be up at 7:00 am and you know panic doesn’t allow for falling asleep easily. Cue the insomnia-themed music. In the span of 4 hours, I woke up maybe 4 times, which meant that when I finally had to get up for real, I was tired and not rested. Cue the tired-eyes look. But the morning Bible study perked me up and was so worth the lack of sleep. I laid out this outfit for church until my friend convinced me to save the red for a color-coordinated day coming up soon.

After church on Saturday, I was invited for lunch that turned into dinner all tempered with scintillating conversation.

Yum!!!! And when I got home, I fell asleep for about 11 hours to make up for Friday night.

Despite the big meal the day before, Sunday morning, I woke up hungry but late  for my morning errands- which included organizing the kids for swim class

I didn’t have breakfast until that was all over, at about 1 pm.

Later, I saw these costumed kids on the 7 train on Sunday while I was heading out for dinner

The role reversal was so interesting – the boy is wearing a princess tiara and the girl is Batman?? Interesting! I wonder if someone lost a dare.

Sunday evening was spent with friends for more conversation, tea-drinking and football. The Giants had a great comeback/save to win the game against SF in the last few seconds. Good night to be a Giants fan! ( Football could be the 6th F but I am reserving adding another category and including it under Fun – later in the season, closer to playoffs, it could become a whole separate category)

My mom sent me photos from home, including this one of her at a meeting where she was on a panel discussion. That’s my mom!!!  I love that Jamaica-shaped pin on her lapel. And notice the blazer. Remember, I told you that blazers are my Mom’s trademark. She’s always well dressed!

My goals this week include:-

1. Not getting sick – my throat has been feeling a little scratchy for a few days but I am drinking all the herbal tea my body can handle to keep the cold away. Does that work? I dunno but I am trying it anyway.
  2. Writing. Lots of writing. Last week, I averaged about 2K words per day. I’d like to keep that momentum going.
  3. Exercise everyday – get back to running 4 times per week. A couple of my IRL (in real life) friends were talking about my blog and reminding me how my runs used to motivate them. I gotta do it for them, even if I’d rather slack off sometimes.
  4. Meet my young people to mentor/encourage/support them.
  5. Do some fall decluttering.

What was the best part of your weekend? Did you have the 5Fs? What’s on your agenda for the week ahead?

Find me on Bloglovin, Instagram and Twitter

Shared with – Monday FundayMonday BloomInspiration MondayIn and Out of the Kitchen – Feeding BigMet Monday – Between Naps on the PorchFrugal Crafty HomeMake it Pretty MondayTDC Before and After, Inspire Me MondayMunching MondaysCreate-Link-InspireMade By You, B Loved BostonBella and The CityMonday Madness, More Pieces of MeWeekly GoalsRunning N Reading

1. The best part of my weekend was hanging out and watching TV with some of my closest friends. They’re the kind of friends you don’t feel forced to fill the silences with, which is so lovely as we’re all knackered half of the time! Also I had a three day weekend, AND discovered I’m allowed to run again! Yay!! 😀

Yay for being cleared to run again, Pippa. Enjoy! And your group of friends sound great. What did you watch on TV?

2. Darcy says:

I’ve never thought about going on Youtube to look for a sermon. May have to do that sometime!!

Yeah. Darcy, I am finding out that YouTube has EVERYthing 😀

3. Nadine says:

Your food looks yummy!!! That is an interesting take on those costumes! If you are trying to fight something off, I like to take Emergen-C and drink green tea with honey. It always seems to help shake whatever I have. Have a great week!

Thanks, Nadine. The green tea seems to have worked because I am feeling much better today.

4. What a fun weekend!!! I love the bible verse pic…I love shereadstruth.com! Good luck on your goals this week!

Thanks, Mindy. I just found it on Pinterest and started following the site. Interesting stuff there.
      All the best to you also.

5. Ashley says:

I’m confused about what the boy is supposed to be. Book of Mormon? Thanks for linking up today!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Haha. I didn’t think of it like that. I wondered about the shirt and tie because it didn’t match the crown. But I am not big on costumes so I thought it was just me not understanding.
      Thanks for hosting me, Ashley

6. On my agenda for the week is stressing less and staying in the moment! I’ve been overwhelmed with to-dos lately, and it’s time to stop letting them rule my life.

Absolutely, Lisa. Worrying accomplishes nothing. Take one step at a time and enjoy the process.

7. Kreyola says:

Great post and I’m glad i found you. I went ahead and followed you on bloglovin :D.

Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

Awesome. Thanks, Kreyola

8. That lunch looks oh so yummy!!! Hope your goals are being met this week! God is good! 🙂

Thanks so much. I hope all the best for you with your goal setting too. We can do it! 😀

9. Paul says:

The best part of my weekend was seeing a movie with the the 2 most important females in my life. I saw “The Martian”, great movie, but more importantly, I saw it with my daughter and the love of my life.

If you would allow me to add to the 5F’s, #6 would be “Focus”

Have a great week and by the grace of GOD may you accomplish your goals.

Aww, Paul. Sounds like a great weekend. You’re right that there are a few more F’s that I could have included but I like the #5. I do agree Focus should be on the list though. God bless you too!