The 5Fs are: Fellowship, Food, Friends, Family, Fun. This weekend had all 5Fs (and its Columbus Day today so the weekend isn’t even over yet)
Friday evenings, I usually spend time reading the Bible, preparing for Bible study at church on Sabbath, and going on YouTube for videos of sermons. I also found some cool worship-oriented, inspirational quotes on Pinterest, like this one.
This past Friday, I got so engrossed in watching one of my favorite pastors, I didn’t realize it was so late until I looked at the clock and it was 3:00 am and I hadn’t started sleeping yet. I panicked because I had to be up at 7:00 am and you know panic doesn’t allow for falling asleep easily. Cue the insomnia-themed music. In the span of 4 hours, I woke up maybe 4 times, which meant that when I finally had to get up for real, I was tired and not rested. Cue the tired-eyes look. But the morning Bible study perked me up and was so worth the lack of sleep. I laid out this outfit for church until my friend convinced me to save the red for a color-coordinated day coming up soon.
Despite the big meal the day before, Sunday morning, I woke up hungry but late for my morning errands- which included organizing the kids for swim class
Later, I saw these costumed kids on the 7 train on Sunday while I was heading out for dinner
Sunday evening was spent with friends for more conversation, tea-drinking and football. The Giants had a great comeback/save to win the game against SF in the last few seconds. Good night to be a Giants fan! ( Football could be the 6th F but I am reserving adding another category and including it under Fun – later in the season, closer to playoffs, it could become a whole separate category)
My mom sent me photos from home, including this one of her at a meeting where she was on a panel discussion. That’s my mom!!! I love that Jamaica-shaped pin on her lapel. And notice the blazer. Remember, I told you that blazers are my Mom’s trademark. She’s always well dressed!
- Not getting sick – my throat has been feeling a little scratchy for a few days but I am drinking all the herbal tea my body can handle to keep the cold away. Does that work? I dunno but I am trying it anyway.
- Writing. Lots of writing. Last week, I averaged about 2K words per day. I’d like to keep that momentum going.
- Exercise everyday – get back to running 4 times per week. A couple of my IRL (in real life) friends were talking about my blog and reminding me how my runs used to motivate them. I gotta do it for them, even if I’d rather slack off sometimes.
- Meet my young people to mentor/encourage/support them.
- Do some fall decluttering.
What was the best part of your weekend? Did you have the 5Fs? What’s on your agenda for the week ahead?Monday Funday, Monday Bloom, Inspiration Monday, In and Out of the Kitchen – Feeding Big, Met Monday – Between Naps on the Porch, Frugal Crafty Home, Make it Pretty Monday, TDC Before and After, Inspire Me Monday, Munching Mondays, Create-Link-Inspire, Made By You, B Loved Boston, Bella and The City, Monday Madness, More Pieces of Me, Weekly Goals, Running N Reading