It’s Friday which means it’s time for All Things 5. It’s a meme I adopted from my friend Clare so here goes.
5 places I went this week
- Starbucks – of course. I think Starbucks should start paying me commission.
- The movies to see The Martian
- Church for Wednesday night prayer service
- A funeral home
- The park to get my running groove back.
5 conversations I want to remember:
- My cousin telling me that when I go into the subway, I should always sit in the car with the conductor. I grinned because I’ve been taking the train for 14 years and I almost never do that. But when he dropped me off and I went into the train, I went into the conductor’s car. Message received.
- Another cousin told me some family secrets. Shhhh.
- One of the young girls I mentor told me she doesn’t have any friends anymore because of something that happened (which I can’t talk about). Shhhh again.
- One of the kids told me about some violence he witnessed …. at school. Makes me glad I’m not a kid again… or a public school teacher.
- My mom told me some details of what’s going on with her and even sent me pictures. Love it!
- Monday: Does walking around in high heeled boots count?
- Tuesday: 20 minute dance session
- Wednesday: 2 mile run
- Thursday: 20 minute workout session at home which consisted of push-ups, sit-ups and lunges and scissors, in rotation.
- Friday: 2 mile run
5 blogs posts I read and commented on:
- Marelden finished her dissertation
- Erin wrote about being focused on the real situation with Lamar Odom
- Deniza realized that she had to listen to her body
- Kay hasn’t been blogging much and it’s great to have her back.
- Lindsay showed some cheap and luxe shoes and I just wondered how comfy the cheap version was – that’s the most important factor in buying shoes
5 things I ordered from Avon
- Body wash
- Fergie perfume – I’m wearing it today!
- this purse that I am so excited to get
- These booties that came already. Bring on the cool weather!
- This lotion that is the creamiest one I’ve used in a long time
And of course, to round off the list, here are 5 pictures I took this week:
- The funeral service was at a funeral home that had a lot of military memorabilia on display
- Working on the blog in Starbucks
- I will never get used to seeing men dressed in women’s clothes
- This bear waiting on the bus by himself made me wonder if I was being pranked or if I had stumbled onto the filming of Ted 3 or Paddington takes on NYC. I mean, this IS New York City. Stranger things have happened.
- Walking outside the studio while Jimmy Fallon is taping his show inside. Quiet on account of greatness.
What was your week like? What’s the thing you’re most looking forward to this weekend?