If I start listing names, some people might be offended – at the order, that they are left off, that others are on the list, etc. so I won’t list names of people I love.
- I love lying in a cool, almost cold room, in between clean sheets with a soft comforter over me.
- I love the first taste of butterscotch on my tongue.
- I love the feeling of running until I am tired and the way my stride feels different when I start walking afterwards – a runner’s walking stride, I like to call it.
- I love new socks
- I love the smell of lemon-ginger cosmetics.
- I love notebooks. I love books in general but I especially love blank notebooks and I love writing page after page of my rambling thoughts and journaling and making lists and doodling until I fill the pages and make them uniquely my own.
- Speaking of books, I love reading! I love meeting a character and learning about them in a way I never could in real life – seeing their background and their interactions and their thoughts come together in a novel makes fiction my favorite genre, bar none.
- I love reading inspirational “self-help” books and feeling excited to go out and make my life better than its been before.
- I love crunching potato chips and candy on a road trip
- I love perfect-sized handbags.
- I love getting a handwritten letter in the mail.
- I love lists. I love making them and crossing things off, I love reading lists of funny and strange and interesting things.
- I love photography – the creative process of seeing a scene and taking my own version of that time and place in history and saving it, somehow, to bring it into the future. I remember the first time I read the history of photography, I imagined what the first subject being photographed must have thought – whether he would survive the plume of smoke and flash of light necessary to create an exposure. Photography amazes me. It’s probably why I have over 4,000 pictures on my phone. What can I say? I love it.
- I love travel. I love to go to a place I’ve never been before. This is a conversation I’ve had several times with my friend – going to a new place and acknowledging that our feet have never been on this soil before. I love most aspects of travel – preparing, packing, map-reading, the travel itself, the new foods, the new photo-ops, getting lost, finding my way back, staying in a hotel or a tent or sleeping sitting up in a bus, being exhausted, and finally coming back and climbing in my own bed and thinking, “I can hardly wait for the next trip.”
- I love to teach – to share what I know and have someone else feel the joy and power that learning brings.
- I love food – shop for it, to cook it, to serve it, to eat it, to read about it, to photograph it, to plan events around it, to try unsuccessfully to avoid it.
- I love people. I’ve found that none of those things I love mean the same unless there is someone to share it with – my mom or dad or brother, a relative, a friend, a coworker, a person I mentor, a neighbor, a fellow passenger, a kind stranger on the brink of being a friend, a blogger, a reader. Without you to listen and encourage my whims, it’s all just noise. And vanity.
So thanks for reading – my writing isn’t the same if you don’t read.
My friend Simon nominated me for a Creative Blogger Award and in the spirit of creativity, I thought I’d do a little I love… post. I know there are rules but an award for being a creative blogger where I have to do the same thing that everyone else is doing? Well, that seems a little counterintuitive to me.
RULES FOR THE CREATIVE BLOGGER:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Share 5 facts (or you know, 17 facts like I did) about yourself.
- Nominate some bloggers in return and notify them of their nomination.
- Keep the rules in your post so it makes it easy for everyone to know what to do.
And the nominees are:
I enjoy reading their blogs and hope these ladies participate and keep the creativity on the blogosphere.
I hope you have a great day where you do something you love too.