I saw this awesome quote and picture on Instagram.
Setting goals and talking about them are one thing. But the act of working on them is quite another feat.
Last week, I was very intentional with my goals. I shared how challenging it has been to move past good intentions, and what I am doing to work on getting good actions instead. And I must say it’s been helping. Most days, I checked off most of the things in To-Do list and at the end of the week, I had accomplished most of my week goals.
Yesterday, while I was sitting in bed watching the marathoners at the starting line getting ready to run the TCSNYCMarathon, I was setting goals for the day, the week and the month.
I disappointed myself by not running it this year (you don’t have to tell me how disappointed you are in me) but I promise to get healthy enough to run it next time. I already made a pact with one of my friends for us to train together – I am working on correcting my plantar fasciitis issues and getting fitter in preparation.
I also didn’t get to go out to cheer for the marathoners because we had a trip to take the kids paint balling.
This weekend marked the beginning of November, one of the most important months on my calendar because it’s the start of NaNoWriMo, short for National Novel Writing Month.
It’s a marathon and a sprint to write 50,000 words towards a novel, all in 30 days. I’ve done it before. Which means I can do it again. I have a plan, I have a great story that I am looking forward to telling and I can’t wait to share it with you.
Now for a little look back at how I did with last week’s goals:
- Finish a writing project – I did!
- Write 2K words everyday – I averaged about 1200
- NaNoWriMo2015 outline – check!
- Work out for 1 hour everyday – It was more like 30 mins but I did it everyday!
- Strength train 3 days – Nope
- Eat a salad everyday – I did and this was my most delicious goal.
- Make outlines for Nov classes – Check
- Plan Avon event – Fail!
- Make 20 new blog friends – I made 17. I’d call that a success.
- Week 1 of Intentional Living – Check!
- Be intentional with spending quality time with my friends and family – this is an ongoing goal so I can’t say I’ve checked it off but I did catch uo with some family members.
This week’s goals are:
- Finalize details for publishing my short-story collection.
- Write everyday
- Complete week 1 of NaNoWriMo by writing 10k words
Health and Fitness
- Do a 1 hr workout everyday – run or gym
- Strength train 3 days
- Eat a salad everyday
- Drink 8 glasses of water everyday
Business and Network
- Work on lessons for a class I’ll be teaching next month
- Plan an Avon event
- Make 20 new blog friends – network
- Spend my best minutes in worship
- Complete Week 2 of Intentional Living course
- Be intentional with spending quality time with my friends and family
How did you do with your goals last week?