I might have told you already. Last week felt like a bust in terms of accomplishments. I felt weary but also like I hadn’t done much to be tired from. That’s how I felt. You might have felt something similar at some point – you’ve worked all day but felt like you had nothing to show for it. That’s normal but sometimes, the proof is in what you did, not how you felt about it. When I actually reviewed my goals, I started feeling a lot better about the week that was and the week to come. That’s why sometimes, we shouldn’t remember solely on our memory but rather go to the videotape.
- Finalize details for publishing my short-story collection – I had a couple time setbacks but this is in progress.
- Write everyday – Check
- Complete week 1 of NaNoWriMo by writing 10k words – I surpassed this goal and felt pretty encouraged to keep writing.
- Do a 1 hr workout everyday – My workout times varied between 20 and 60 mins but I exercised everyday, even including 2 awesome runs
- Strength train X 3 – Do planks count for core strength? If so, then check!
- Eat a salad everyday – 5 out of 7 days sounds like a win to me.
- Drink 8 glasses of water everyday – Yes!
- Work on lessons for a class I’ll be teaching next month – didn’t get to this
- Plan an Avon event – In progress
- Make 20 new blog friends – Not quite 20. More like 10 but how do you put a number value on friendship, right?
- Spend my best minutes in worship. Check.
- Complete Week 2 of Intentional Living course – I did 4 out of 7 days
- Be intentional with spending quality time with my friends and family. Check
So although I felt like I didn’t do everything I wanted, it turns out I met most of my goals. This is the best validation in writing things down, I think. It’s easy to get emotional about things because of what we’re facing, what we’re dealing with, what is in the forefront, what we’re being forced to focus on. But if you write it down, you can address it quantitatively. As they say in sports, let’s go to the videotape! So with all this momentum, I’m making these intentions this week:
- Publish my first short-story collection.
- Write everyday
- Complete week 2 of NaNoWriMo by getting to 25K words
Health and Fitness
- Exercise everyday for 1 hr
- Plank x 6 days – get to 90 seconds
- Eat a salad everyday
- Drink 8 glasses of water everyday
Business and Network
- Work on lessons for a class I’ll be teaching next month
- Plan an Avon event
- Make 20 new blog friends – network
- Participate in the blog hop and comment on new blogs everyday
- Spend my best minutes in worship
- Complete Week 3 of Intentional Living course
- Be intentional with spending quality time with my friends and family
And before I go, here are a few pics and highlights from the weekend.
Monday Funday, Monday Bloom, Inspiration Monday, In and Out of the Kitchen – Feeding Big, Met Monday – Between Naps on the Porch, Frugal Crafty Home, Make it Pretty Monday, TDC Before and After, Inspire Me Monday, Munching Mondays, Create-Link-Inspire, Made By You, B Loved Boston, Bella and The City, Monday Madness, More Pieces of Me, Weekly Goals, Running N Reading, Weekly Wraps