As a Scientist/Mathematics buff/Puzzle enthusiast, I love patterns and series. As a writer, I love expressing that as segues. Today, I’m thinking about 5 things that are connected somehow.
- Pinterest. I’m late to the party. I’ve had a pretty stagnant Pinterest account for a while now but a few weeks ago, I made some new blog friends and started checking out their pins and… Man, I’ve been missing out. Pinterest is like electronic hoarding. Now I just hope Pinterest decluttering doesn’t become a thing. I’ve fallen in love with journal and planner boards, I have a board for clothes, food and of course, writing tips. Check out my Pins here.
- Speaking of writing tips. I didn’t tell you officially. I reached my NaNoWriMo goal. 55,000 words in a month. I felt super accomplished when I was done but that’s only the first draft. I have a lot of the scenes written now but there’s still a lot to write, lots of details to finish, a couple characters who right now are a little schizophrenic because they way they appear in the beginning, the middle and the end are all different, even though the growth/transition isn’t evident. I plan to keep working on it through December so I can get it to some beta readers by early January.
- Speaking of December to January transition, let’s talk about Christmas. I am postponing Christmas this year. I have some goals that I’d planned to accomplish by Christmas that I am nowhere near ready to complete. Christmas shopping/gift making is at the top of that list. I have zero gifts ready at this point. The only saving grace – I still have wrapping paper and gift boxes and cards and stickers and random gift tag supplies from last year. There are benefits to being a semi hoarder!
- Speaking of hoarding… I don’t know how but I signed up for a decluttering challenge. You know I love the challenges. This time, the objective is to get rid of a few things every day. It started on December 1st and these are the goals: On Day 1, get rid of 30 things (30 items, no matter how small – it could be 30 sheets of paper) Day 2: Get rid of 29 things. Day 3: 28 things… And so on. Sounds like a lot of cleaning! So far, I’ve gotten rid of about 50 (more than 30 is good too) old newspapers … On Day 2, I turned to the closet and added more items to a bag of clothes I’ve been meaning to donate for some time now. … On Day 3, I turned to the overflow of junk mail. Today is day 4 and I’m thinking, “What can I get rid of today?”
- And now for the final segue… Speaking of mail … I got some awesome things in the mail this week. Like these Avon boxes with Christmas goodies. I might be winning with Christmas shopping after all. Shop the 12 Days of Deals on my website here.
What’s on your mind this week? What are you looking forward to this weekend? This first weekend in December is a big birthday weekend for 3 of my friends so I’ll be celebrating life!