January 2016 Goal Check-In

Successful people write down their goals and intentions, create a schedule and then get to work achieving. Why?

1. If you don’t have a clear picture of where you want to go, how will you know you’ve gotten there?
  2. And if you don’t have a schedule of when you need to accomplish things, how will you know if you’re on track or if you’re falling behind and need to work faster?

Here’s how I am doing with my 2016 goals at the end of January.

Financial

• My goal is to be debt free by 5/16 – I paid off one bill in January and now working on my debt snowball by paying off the smallest bill first.

Personal Development

• This year, I plan to read 100 books – 50 Fiction, 50 Non-Fiction. In January, I completed 7 books – 4 Fiction, 3 NF. I am 1 books behind schedule
  • I did not complete the Winter Reading Challenge which ended on 1/31/16 but I read 10 of the 12 eligible books from Nov to Jan)
  • I started the John Maxwell Leadership Summit on 1/26

img_6789Writing

• I published 1 book in January.
  • Currently working on book #2

Blog and Social Media

• 160 new followers on Instagram. If you’re not following me yet, you should!
  • I’m up 65 new Twitter followers.

Travel

• I attended the weekend retreat in Connecticut – 1 of the 5 trips I already have scheduled for the year.
  • Next trip on the list is Virginia in April and I started planning the details

Running/Health and Fitness

• No progress to report. Sad face. I have to do better this month.

That’s my progress. How are you doing?

1. You’re doing so well! I’m very impressed, and I’m sure you’ll catch up with the fitness stuff. Well done you πŸ˜€

Thanks so much for the support, Becky. Yeah, now that I know what areas I’m weak in, I can plan my schedule a coddling to dedicate more time and energy for fitness

2. That’s so awesome! I didn’t finish semi-charmed either… but I was pretty close! Especially considering I didn’t really read much in Nov./Dec. I read a TON in January and it was a great start to the year. I’m working a lot on business stuff, and so far all of that is going well! I definitely need to take a more specific look at my goals to review… but I’m feeling good about most of them. I did not do any yoga or dance workout dvds though.. 😦 XO -Alexandra

Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

3. Lindsey says:

Great job! What’s your secret for getting Instagram followers? I always get new ones and then people unfollow.

Good question, Lindsey. The secret is that there is no secret. Most people genuinely want followers too so if you follow them, they’ll follow you.
      Look for similar accounts and befriend them. Post and comment and they’ll likely want to engage you too. Of course, the follow rate isn’t 100% return but you’ll probably get more out of your account that way too.

4. Wait, you published a book in January? Awesome! What is the name of your book?
    Great goals. Instagram is something I am working on building too. For some reason I find it goes in spurts. It will grow at a steady rate and drop at a slow steady rate too. I get a lot of people who follow me on it, and then once I follow them back they unfollow. I hate people like that, I know they are following to build, which I am totally fine with, I do the same thing. But when they unfollow right after I just get annoyed and find it a rude follow practice! Sorry, shouldn’t have gone off there, LOL
    Great job on growing your IG and TW accounts!!!!!!

Thanks, Kristy! It’s a totally self published book. Title: It’s Complicated. I’ll share more details in a few days but I am really excited about it.
      Every so often, I weed out the people who unfollowed me too. They can always try to follow me again… And so the dance continues πŸ˜€

1. Patrice says:

I can hardly wait.

Woohoo. Thanks, Patrice. I am excited to share it too.

3. Patrice says:

for the book that is

5. Kay R. says:

You’re doing awesome!! I followed you from my personal instagram πŸ˜‰

6. I didn’t finish the winter reading challenge either. Good luck with all your goals this month.

Thanks, MH. All the best to you also.

7. Congratulations on publishing your work. What a great accomplishment!