5 Quotes for the week ahead

What’s your favorite quote? What does it mean to you? Chances are it’s something catchy, something that reminds you to do something. Quotable quotes are often a call to action. That’s probably the only reason we recite other people’s words often – because they help us focus on something we want to remember to do.

Lately, I’ve been reading a lot about personal development and thinking about how to nurture and accelerate my own growth and I’m often bombarded with famous quotes from people famous for doing something, and who are encouraging me to do something similar. I don’t want to be these people but there’s a lot I can learn from their experience without subjecting myself to the harshness through they which they learned their lessons.

As I enter into a new week, and set new goals and new adventures I want to embark on, these are a few of the quotes that I am mulling over and that I want to incorporate into my future (followed by what the quote means to me personally)

1. The way I am today has nothing to do with what I’ll be tomorrow (Change is always possible – if I am committed to the process)
  2. The secret of success is determined by your daily agenda (I need to be strategic in planning the things I want to happen in my life)
  3. Make connecting with others a daily priority (Our accomplishments don’t happen when we’re isolated; instead, they happen in collaboration with others. Choosing to connect with other people who have similar goals can help me accomplish my own)
  4. If you take care of your health, it will take care of you (Any area of my health that I neglect will have have repercussions in other places of my life)
  5. Unhappiness is not knowing what we want and killing ourselves getting it (Working hard doesn’t mean that dreams get accomplished. I have to work hard on the things that matter to me so the first step is figuring out what matters and then working towards it)

Each one of these quotes affected me in a very personal way. That last one defines something that I struggle with – it’s easy for me to stay busy working at something that has nothing to do with my goals. That’s the reality of a Type A procrastinator – finding ways to stay busy but not really working on the thing I need to.

These are the quotes I am using to frame my week as I set goals for the next few days ahead.

Do you do something like this? Is there a quote that’s inspiring you this week?

1. Simon says:

I love all of these Karen. I’ve saved the page especially as it was so awesome 🙂

Thanks a bunch for saying that, Simon.

1. Simon says:

Happy to 🙂

2. Wow that last one is SO TRUE. I love all of these. I think we definitely take all of those simple things… like taking care of ourselves and really connecting with others for granted. XO – Alexandra

Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

Thank you so much for the comment, Alexandra.

3. These are all great! I am a huge quote person, I seem to always have at least one running through my head each day.
    The one on my wall, you have to do what others won’t, to achieve what others don’t, although I read it every day I never get sick of it!

Great quote, Kristy. I love that one too. I first heard it in context of financial planning – budget today so later you can enjoy the financial freedom that those who didn’t budget can’t afford. But the lesson applies to every area in which you build discipline.
      Thanks for sharing.

4. Rachel says:

I love, love, love every single one of these. Especially #2. “The secret of success is determined by your daily agenda” – YES! Thank you for such a motivating and inspiring morning!

Thanks so much for reading and commenting, Rachel. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead – both the planning and execution of your plans.

5. chape says:

Great quotes 🙂

1. chape says:

You are welcome 🙂

6. Sarah Eliza says:

Ahhhh type a procrastinator, that’s me too! Love this reflection- 2 and 3 are my favorites. 🙂 you should come link this up to #FridayFrivolity- i know other folks would find it inspirational too!