Word of the day: Growth

You’re always either growing or dying.

Biology does not support stagnancy. All living organisms have to keep growing to stay alive. Cells are in constant multiplication and division to support life. The moment cell mitosis stops, the host starts dying.

A rose is either blooming or wilting (this soon after Valentines Day, women all over the world are observing this phenomenon as the once-vibrant bouquets are starting to sag)

Death can be a long, slow process but it starts the moment the cells stop dividing.

Today, and everyday, we have a choice to pursue personal growth. Grow or decline. I urge you to choose to grow.

1. Simon says:

I’m growing… outwards πŸ˜›
    Hope you’re ok Karen

That’s hilarious, Simon. I’ve experienced some lateral growth in the last few months myself πŸ™‚

1. Simon says:

I’ve had it for years… lol
        Seriously, this was a good post. We need to keep changing and growing to adapt to life.

2. Rachel says:

Ooooh – this REALLY got me thinking! And you are right – not matter what it is – we are never just staying the same. We’re either growing or dying. Great reminder!!

Thanks for the comment, Rachel

3. Definitely doing my best to grow in positive ways πŸ™‚

Good for you. And yes, I can tell you’re growing by the experiences you talk about on your blog

4. Such a good reminder! XO – Alexandra & poor flowers, I always feel so bad for them!

I know what you mean. But nature demands that they bloom and wilt really fast. We, on the other hand, have lots of ways to grow anew. πŸ˜€

5. I read the first comment and laughed, because lately I’ve been thinking I am growing outward way too quickly! That’s one area, I am totally great to never grow in again, LOL

6. Farrah says:

I like the way you think! ❀ I think as long as I'm growing and learning something each day, it's gotta be a good one! :]

Oh thanks, Farrah! πŸ˜€