Who Am I?

Overwhelmed by your genius,

Your passions fill my heart

Your words break my silence

I touch your picture when we’re apart

Your rainbow of opinions color my thoughts

Your voice tinkles in my mind

I see you in myself

But alone, who am I?

I mourn for your losses

My leaden tears fall for your pain

I smile at your successes

My song patterns your refrain

My dreams are your desires

Your beliefs, my reasons why

I feel like a part of you

But alone, who am I?

Original poetry, Copyright Β© 2016 Karen Wright

This week for my Fiction spotlight, I am sharing a poem I wrote a long time ago that I’ve never posted anywhere (at least I don’t think so)

Don’t judge me… Or do. In fact, yes, please do. I’d actually like to hear what you think this poem is about πŸ˜€

1. ooooh …you fancy!!!!

Cute poem! Sounds like how people feel when they are first falling in love…or even when they have found their soul-mate. It could also be from the perspective of a person who gets too wrapped up in a relationship and looses them self.

Each reader depending on who they are and there experience could interpret it differently which to me makes good writing!

Haha. That’s what I’m hoping… To learn more about you by what you think I’m saying. 😜
      Hope you had a great week, miss lady. All the best for the weekend.

2. Misbah says:

Poetry is an outcome of pondering!!! U wrote soo well!!! Sounds like u hv written it for ur best friend or soul mate!!! Wanna read more poems written by u

3. Katie says:

Love this…and think it can be about so many things!! First love or endless love or about the loss of a family member…

4. First can I say, hello Miss Talented!
    Beautiful poem! When I first read it I was thinking it must be about a true love, or a love that is true and tested!

Thanks so much, Kristy – for the compliment and the perspective. Wishing you a great week ahead

5. Candy Stilettos says:

what a beautiful poem.. to me this poem shows such intense love yet the fear of loving someone so much that you don’t want to lose yourself. very beautiful words.
    Jamie

Thank you Jamie (I say as I blush furiously) I wonder if everyone has that fear – that they’ll lose themselves in love. I do.

6. Beautiful…you have an amazing talent! I se it as love but I also see it from the perspective of a mom’s love for her child. I love poetry for that reason…the poet writes the words and we put our own experiences into the interpretation.

Interesting perspective. I wrote the poem a long time ago so when I was looking back at it, I was thinking of that angle – a parent who has lost herself in her child’s life. I wondered if native else would see that and so far, you’re the only one. Love it!
      Thank you for the comment.