When I started talking about goal setting, I had no idea whether writing my goals down on paper would really help. All I knew is that I loved making To-Do lists and crossing things off as I accomplished them. It made me feel productive. Who knew that simple act would actually help me be more productive? But it works. The process helps me focus on what I have to do, keeps my schedule in view and I’ve seen results.
Here’s how I am doing with my 2016 goals at the end of February:
Goal: Write 5 books in 2016. Actual: My writing goals are moving a little slower than I want to but I am just going to keep to my resolution to write everyday so March is a little more result based.
Goal: Publish 3 books in 2016. Actual: I’ve published 1 so far.
Blog and Social Media
- 44 new people followed me on Instagram in February (If you’re not following me yet, you should click to do that now) current/goal = 914/7000
- I gained about 20 new Twitter followers this month – current/goal = 609/5000
Running/ Health and Fitness
I’ve just started running again so I am nowhere near my 1000 miles for the year but I am on the board so that’s progress. Right now, I am up to 2 mile daily runs and building.
I started my debt snowball to become debt free by 5/16. In February, I paid almost a quarter of the first account and it feels good to be making headway.
- This year, I plan to read 100 books. At the end of February, I’ve completed 16 books – 15/50 Fiction and 6/50 Non-Fiction. Goodreads says I am on track to finish by the end of the year if I keep this pace.
- I started the John Maxwell Leadership Summit on 1/26 and got my first certificate on Tuesday Feb 23rd. Yeah!
- So far, I’ve finished 15/40 books towards the Popsugar Reading Challenge
- I added a goal to be functionally fluent in French by June 4, 2016. So far, I’ve been practicing my speech everyday and trying to immerse myself in the language and culture. Watch my daily practice videos here.
Goal: Complete Reading Plan to read the entire Bible in 2016 Actual: I’ve read 3/66 books. I have to get back on track
Here is what I am focusing on in March:
- Run 50 miles
- Pay off 1 of my accounts
- Read 10 books – 6 Non-Fiction, 4 Fiction
- Start another leadership seminar
- Record French videos daily
- Read 5 books of the Bible
- Start Bible study with my youth group
- Make arrangements for April trip to VA
- Publish book 2
- Finish revising my NaNoWriMo novel
- Find a writing mentor
- I am looking for 100 Instagram and 50 Twitter followers this month.
That’s my update and my plans for the near future. How are you doing with your goals?B Loved Boston, Bella and The City, More Pieces of Me, Weekly Goals, Running N Reading, Weekly Wraps