As the days get longer, there is more time for … well, for anything, right? Sure I love to go running in the park when the weather is nice, but I also like sitting in said park and reading a few (or a lot of) pages of my current read. I try to make time for all the things I enjoy doing.
That being said, 10 books I’m looking forward to reading in the next few weeks are:
- Wellth: How I Learned to Build a Life, Not a Résumé by Jason Wachob
- The Good Heart: A Buddhist Perspective on the Teachings of Jesus by Dalai Lama
- In Other Words by Jhumpa Lahiri
- Everyone Communicates, Few Connect: What the Most Effective People Do Differently by John Maxwell
- Novel Writing: A Writers’ and Artists’ Companion by Romesh Gunesekera
- Fangirl: A Novel by Rainbow Rowell
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- The Ship of Brides by JoJo Moyes
- Sheltering Rain by JoJo Moyes
- Windfallen by JoJo Moyes
You might wonder why I am reading multiple books by these two lady authors. It’s something I’ve done before and I promise there’s a good reason for it – I find an author I admire and read lots of their work trying to figure out their style and look for similarities between their books. Right now, I am doing a study on JoJo Moyes – so far, I’ve read 5 of her popular novels – One Plus One, Me Before You, After You, The Girl You Left Behind and The Last Letter from Your Lover. Look for my “research paper” coming soon.
I did a similar study on Liane Moriarty last year.
Also, last year, I read Landline by Rainbow Rowell but didn’t love it, Since then, I’ve heard repeatedly, that she’s a great novelist so I decided to read a few others of her books to see if I can fall in love with her books too.
What are you reading these days? What’s on your TBR?