This week has been one of those experiences that don’t make it into a diary. It’s the kind of week you’d want to write about but you don’t because you’re too busy to journal, almost too busy for a selfie, can’t summon the headspace to write.
Today, I was feeling so tired and I couldn’t figure out why until I started thinking about this list:
- Sunday, I finally met my running club for our first run of season. We only ran 2 miles but it was a good start. And we met up on the NYC half-marathoners so that made me feel like a wimp for even complaining of the cold (then the cold turned to snow – on the first day of spring, no less – and the complaints felt justified 😀)
- I was chosen to represent my church at an upcoming meeting which means I have a few more responsibilities in order to fully prepare for the session. I am trying to find balance with giving the children I work with the full attention they deserve as well as doing the other things I’ve agreed to do. I’m going to need to implement some better time management skills starting now.
- I finally received some finished copies of my book. So excited. If you’d like to get a copy, there are lots of places to buy but since I listed, eBay seems to be the most popular site for views and purchases. Click here if you’re interested. My friends and people I told about the book have been asking me for a while when it will be ready. I hated not having the product. Remember when Sheree had a fashion show without the clothes?
- I’ve been eating vegetarian meals – two days I had cheese and one morning I had an egg sandwich but for the most part, I’ve just been making delicious stir fries and salads and loading up on fresh veggies. I am feeling much better already and I’m not missing the meat. Lentils make a great meat-free soy-free protein-rich vegetarian meal. The only issue? This means I have to cook all my meals and this is not the kind of food you make a week in advance. This is a pretty time-consuming “diet” but so worth it though.
- I made a care package for my family in Jamaica. I love sending them gifts and I haven’t in a while. I miss my family, especially my mom, constantly and when I get a chance to just shop for them, it’s awesome. It feels like they are with me.
- I’ve been eating a lot of nuts and it was great to see this list of nuts that everyone should eat.
- I watched a lot of food documentaries this week – Forks over Knives; Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead; Vegeducated; Food Matters; Food Inc. I don’t watch a lot of TV these days but these I put on while I was home and listened as I worked. Have you watched any of these? What are your thoughts?
- I’ve been trying to increase my steps every day so even when I don’t get to run, that I’ll walk at least 5 miles. It feels like it takes a lot longer than it used to take me to crank out that number so sometimes at night I just walk around my apt.
- I finished reading 2 books this week: Days of Awe by Lauren a Fox (Fiction) and Why Diets Fail (NF).
What I’m reading now:
What I’m reading next
What was the next part of your week? What are you looking forward to this weekend?
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for the support.